MatthewL Posted August 20 Posted August 20 I have a number of Smoothwall as virtual machines at various sites working. Am I able to spin up another with to create another VM for testing purposes? We have inherited what we have over the years and I don't think right so wanted to start a fresh and see if we got the same issues.
pete Posted August 20 Posted August 20 From what I recall, providing you're not over your license count (or doing it to circumvent licensing) Smoothwall don't (didn't) care back when we did it for testing / migration. @tom_newton would know any current licensing Jenga that's necessary.
MatthewL Posted August 20 Author Posted August 20 Not sure how its licensed as I've not been involved in that side of things.
tom_newton Posted August 20 Posted August 20 Yeah, go for it. All I would say is if you are connected to the smoothwall cloud, be careful - because if you have 2 on prem devices with disagreeing configs talking to the same cloud instance, you are going to have a bad time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now