coolhands Posted January 10, 2022 Posted January 10, 2022 (edited) I find the SIMS user permissions impossible to work with. I have wasted too much time trying to find out which blooming permission gives a particular user access to certain things. Why is it so bad? Why is there no proper documentation (or is there?) - I have the permissions excel sheet but that is not sufficient. Latest example: I want to make a user group to allow some staff to see Staff Code. A colleague with various permissions can see this, (without being able to see all & sundry) and another cannot. But I cannot ascertain which permission grants access. I have put the them in and out of various groups but I can't narrow it down & it's stupid. It's not Staff>Basic Details> View (all) It's not Personnel>P7 Field Trial Is it Staff>Professional>View (all)? [but if so, then the problem is I don't know what else they might see?] Edit Actually I'm thinking it might be Staff>Personal Information>View (although then I don't know what else they might be able to see) So am I missing something. Or if you don't know the ins-&-outs does anyone at least know which permission will allow Staff Code to be seen but not other sensitive data eg absences? So 'Personnel Events Officer' group is no good. Edited January 10, 2022 by coolhands
Hate_Lee Posted January 18, 2022 Posted January 18, 2022 Permissions in the staff area work on the tabs e.g. Personal Details, then on panels e.g. 6 Next of Kin. Staff code is on the Employment Details tab, so that's your starting point. Also the permission tends to work on the whole panel and not just certain fields within it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now