Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anyone know where you can buy AlphaSmarts from (apart from ebay) or know of any alternatives?

 

Looking for a simple word-processor at a low price. Will probably have to go for cheap laptops but wouldn't mind continuing with AlphaSmarts or word-processors given they'll be cheaper and we won't have to worry about them having WiFi.

Posted
It sounds as if you're already successfully using AlphaSmarts. If that's right, sorry but I don't know of any sources. If not, I've worked at schools that bought a load that ended up in the back of a cupboard pretty rapidly and I'd suggest your Plan B would be a better bet.
Posted

We are always on the lookout for AlphaSmarts - we have 6 and they are all out at the moment. We as a school do play a lot of rugby in all years though.....

 

We find ebay is the best and snap them up if they ever come up

Posted
We are always on the lookout for AlphaSmarts - we have 6 and they are all out at the moment. We as a school do play a lot of rugby in all years though.....

 

We find ebay is the best and snap them up if they ever come up

 

If I was still talking to those schools I'd see if they wanted to pass them on! (Though I doubt anyone there would know what/where they are). Like a lot of kit in EDU, they're fine if someone actually uses them rather than sees them in use at another school, convinces the school to splash the cash to "Transform Teaching and Learning"TM, and then decides that it's too much work to integrate them into the curriculum.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...