networkmangler Posted December 10, 2020 Posted December 10, 2020 I have been asked if it is possible to hide future cover periods or only show the current/todays cover to staff in sims The cover manager has said that when she knows a member of staff will be out for a set number of days she organises the cover in sims in advanced but she has had staff coming to her moaning about cover that have been assigned to them in 2 or 3 days time We have also have incidents of staff being assigned 2 or 3 periods of cover in advanced and then on that day calling in sick. This may be a coincidence but there is a suspicion they have done it because they don't want to do the cover I'm assuming we can't only show todays cover but I thought I would double check to see if anyone had a way around it
BKGarry Posted December 10, 2020 Posted December 10, 2020 I had a look in Global Settings and it really doesn't seem to be a thing that you are able to do. It may be worth contacting your SIMS Support unit over it and see if they can suggest anything. I couldn't see anything obvious in the homepage timeline settings either. 1
Seb1780 Posted December 10, 2020 Posted December 10, 2020 There is no way of hiding future cover, it will appear on the timeline / calendar of the member of staff covering regardless. I do question your use of staff for known, advanced absences. I thought the rules of "rarely cover" meant that only last minute absences could be covered by teachers!? 1
Primus Posted December 10, 2020 Posted December 10, 2020 I'm surprised the staff concerned haven't been to their union citing "rarely cover".
sefton Posted December 10, 2020 Posted December 10, 2020 If their teaching allocation is under their capacity then I think you can assign cover periods to them up to the point of reaching their load.
Primus Posted December 10, 2020 Posted December 10, 2020 If their teaching allocation is under their capacity then I think you can assign cover periods to them up to the point of reaching their load. In that instance I think the expectation is that it's a timetabled period actually on their timetable. That said the union guidance I've seen doesn't seem to properly include this option and focuses more on "gained time" where they say staff should still be only used "rarely".
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now