caffrey Posted September 30, 2020 Posted September 30, 2020 I'm not even sure how to word this, and I'm having issues concentrating today but I have a row like headers Number, col1,col2,col3,col4,col5 150,1,1,1,0,0 And I would like a sheet to take that data and do this :- Number,col1 150,1 150,1 150,1 150,0 150,0 Eg split the columns into separate rows if that makes sense Can't for the life on me work it out today!
Seb1780 Posted September 30, 2020 Posted September 30, 2020 (edited) HLOOKUP VLOOKUP Depends where your "Number" data comes from and if there are the same number of results (columns) for each Edited September 30, 2020 by Seb1780
caffrey Posted September 30, 2020 Author Posted September 30, 2020 Not quite what I'm looking for I think. I'd upload an image but image upload is broken Roll No Business Psychology Drama Biology Sport Studies French German English Language English Literature EPQ Economics Mathematics Physics Chemistry Latin Geography History 1111 A* A A And I'd like a sheet of results to show 1111 Biology A* 1111 French A 1111 Chemistry A
Seb1780 Posted September 30, 2020 Posted September 30, 2020 I use INDEX/MATCH when converting results broadsheets into columnar listings for use with third party systems - but this does rely on the first two columns being populated then looking up the results.
caffrey Posted September 30, 2020 Author Posted September 30, 2020 Might just change the source database table to match
skinsley Posted October 5, 2020 Posted October 5, 2020 I find ASAP utilities (free version) very useful for things like this. 1
caffrey Posted October 5, 2020 Author Posted October 5, 2020 Thanks, I ended up doing it in really hacky way but it worked (Embarrassed to even post how I did it )
nadeem Posted October 5, 2020 Posted October 5, 2020 I find ASAP utilities (free version) very useful for things like this. This is definitely worth downloading and having a look for the amazing amount of things it can do - been using it for years and years now
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now