Gongalong Posted February 13, 2020 Posted February 13, 2020 Hi folks, Any Azure gurus out there? I’d like to create a security group in Azure based on the AD user’s “office” field. I’ve tried googling around custom filters and groups but not finding anything. I can spot it’s possible to create dynamic groups, but I don’t seem to have this option so I’m guessing it’s because of the level of Azure we have (the free school version as part of O365). Would prefer to do it using the UI if possible, but resigned to doing it through PowerShell if necessary (although not looked at how this is hooked up to Azure). Thanks
Gongalong Posted February 13, 2020 Author Posted February 13, 2020 Problem solved. I spotted mail enabled security groups in the Exchange admin center. In the EAC I can filter by the AD field I need to use, and then add to that group. My objective was to be able to add users to an enterprise application in Azure, and I can only do that by individually selecting users (!) or security groups, and mail enabled security groups are picked up by that.
3s-gtech Posted February 13, 2020 Posted February 13, 2020 I *think* you can also select this field in AADS, so that it syncs it across from AD. I use this for the ‘Department’ field which we use to split staff and student licensing. 1
Gongalong Posted February 13, 2020 Author Posted February 13, 2020 We use RM Unify's AD sync, so are completely locked down on what gets synced from AD. They use the "Office" field in O365/Azure to store the year of entry to schooling, which is what the Azure enterprise app needs.
3s-gtech Posted February 13, 2020 Posted February 13, 2020 Using the mail groups is an excellent solution then - I have also used this when certain fields weren't available to sync. 1
Gongalong Posted February 13, 2020 Author Posted February 13, 2020 Frustrating that the search functionality across O365, EAC and Azure aren't the same.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now