Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Every year we import our new users and move up the existing ones. This is generally doable without too much stress, but we moved to a house system in September meaning that we no longer have form groups per year, but mixed year form groups. I am now pretty much at a loss as to the best approach to take to get all the existing students into their new form group, whilst retaining their existing account and rental history.

 

I wonder if anyone has gone through a similar transition (long shot I know), or perhaps has at least some decent knowledge of the now dated Eclipse2 system that would help me to move forward with this. Ideally I want to get everyone into the new tutor group, but I may end up having to ditch tutor groups all together and just import Year 7 in a single generic group just to get them imported (if all else fails).

Posted

Students are identified by admission number, I think, so any new import should match them across as long as those match. Try it with a single test user.

 

I think you may have to ditch tutor groups as suggested, or put your house names into the format for tutor group (so 7 $HouseX, 8 $HouseY).

  • Thanks 1
Posted
Students are identified by admission number, I think, so any new import should match them across as long as those match. Try it with a single test user.

 

I think you may have to ditch tutor groups as suggested, or put your house names into the format for tutor group (so 7 $HouseX, 8 $HouseY).

 

Thanks - it did match by admission number and with some creativity with the tutor groups I have managed to import the intake now. Bit messy with the old tutor groups too but that is of little significance I guess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...