LeMarchand Posted March 18, 2019 Posted March 18, 2019 Another "Is anyone else experiencing poor performance with this online resource?" query. I don't think it's our end as most other online stuff is fine.
pete Posted March 19, 2019 Posted March 19, 2019 Sorry, this isn't useful to you, but you're the only person on here mentioning the service and I've been tasked with due diligence. How are your lot finding Boxall Profile and (from a technical / data protection standpoint) does it do anything daft?
LeMarchand Posted March 19, 2019 Author Posted March 19, 2019 Sorry, this isn't useful to you, but you're the only person on here mentioning the service and I've been tasked with due diligence. How are your lot finding Boxall Profile and (from a technical / data protection standpoint) does it do anything daft? It's one teacher at one site; I'll ask her next time I see her (later in the week). 1
LeMarchand Posted March 20, 2019 Author Posted March 20, 2019 Sorry, this isn't useful to you, but you're the only person on here mentioning the service and I've been tasked with due diligence. How are your lot finding Boxall Profile and (from a technical / data protection standpoint) does it do anything daft? Have spoken to the lone user, who thinks it's great (and she's not hugely IT literate). AFAICT it should be brilliant for data protection as no student name goes into the system, just a number. Obviously this necessitates a "decoder sheet" at school level. The only problem I have been alerted to is the one in my original query, which may be their end, or might be ours. 1
Dom_ Posted March 20, 2019 Posted March 20, 2019 The only issue I've had with this is printing - it won't print at all from internet explorer, but in chrome the print icon doesn't appear (I have found that if you click the blank space where the print icon *should* be that it works anyway!). 2
pete Posted March 20, 2019 Posted March 20, 2019 Cheers guys. I had a quick play with a test account (you get to do one assessment). I'm not sold on the "it's anonymous" argument, because there's enough info on a profile (school, class, gender, dob, language, medical/behavioural) to make an educated guess.
sigma Posted September 23, 2019 Posted September 23, 2019 https://boxallprofile.org/privacy The Boxall Profile Online website is the first and foremost assessment tool enabling teachers to assess and support children with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties. A secondary use of the website is the collection and analysis of anonymous data for research purposes. A data harvester. Did anyone ask the parents?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now