Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

Has anyone switched to Bromcom's new assessment approach? We're considering moving, but would be interested in your feedback. Is it better than the legacy approach - if so how etc etc.

 

Thanks!

Posted

Lets be honest you couldn't design a worse method of creating assessments than the market leaders aspects approach so assuming they have used just an ounce of common sense in design it will be a improvement for the majority of MIS users out there. In reality I know they initially mirrored SIMS method of doing it and then realised how horrible it is to maintain so started from scratch and is a more more sensible structure that allows easy duplication of assessment templates for subjects and assessment points without monotonous repetition.

 

Its a familiar comfort blanket to a lot of people who have become used to it but its a horrible way to implement something we know is usually going to be duplicated across subjects/groups/assessment points.

 

I've had a play around with it and it seems a sensible approach and could easily set up all I foresee a school needing.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
Hi

 

Has anyone switched to Bromcom's new assessment approach? We're considering moving, but would be interested in your feedback. Is it better than the legacy approach - if so how etc etc.

 

Thanks!

 

I've done work for Bromcom switching people from old to new and I'm a huge fan of the new assessment. Provided you use the same template design across multiple subjects you could set up a secondary school tracking system from flat in about half an hour.

 

Tips for the migration: use it as an opportunity to archive old data - a clean well ordered system is worth so much more than comments from three years ago no one will ever want on a marksheet again. Get the mapping right - if you contact Bromcom they'll support you through the process for free. Take the time to understand how Assessment type exceptions work - used properly they let you have say 1-9 grades as Current grades, except for Business which uses BTEC grades for example, whihc makes for a much cleaner system.

  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
Posted
I second this, I like their new assessment, far superior then the original. My only gripe - some of the assessment system reports don't work on the new assessment set up....
Posted
Hi Bromcom _Support, I already have, it was your support desk that advised of that when I reported that they were not working for us. I've tested on pre and post migration installs. If they are now working since my call then I stand corrected :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...