Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Can anyone remember how to reset the SA password in sims?

 

I've done another one of their stupid database patches which errored out and now I cant login to sims, or get into dbattach to restore the backup.

Edited by zag
Posted

osql -SSERVER\SIMSSQL2005 -E -n -Q"sp_password @old =null, @new= 'NewSAPassword1#' , @loginame = 'sa'"

 

This command assumes that

 

The server name is SERVER

The instance name is SIMSSQL2005

The sa username is sa

The new sa password is NewSAPassword1#

 

Hope this helps!

  • Thanks 3
Posted

Thanks, but how do you run the command?

 

Is it from a command prompt? Or some sql thingy? :)

 

Just a bit of background, I'm getting an error 6 when trying to log into sims after a failed patch.

 

When trying to run dbattach to restore the database its saying my SA password is wrong, even though I know its right :(

  • 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...