tomgrindle Posted July 27, 2017 Posted July 27, 2017 (edited) Somebody, please help!! I'm about to tear my hair out. I have 10 identical PCs that I am trying to load using our Deployment Server. (Server 2012 R2, MDT 2013 Update 1). Now, 5 of these computers have started the install fine, giving me the screen to enter credentials. However, another 5 are presenting me with this error ... How ...??!! [emoji26] the machines all have exactly the same hardware. I don't understand how this is possible. Is anybody able to shed any light? Thanks in advance Tom Edited July 27, 2017 by tomgrindle
DJ-1701 Posted July 27, 2017 Posted July 27, 2017 Even if the machines are the same model, they don't always have the same hardware. It looks like the PC is requiring a driver for a Realtek Network card (VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_06) for the Windows PE environment. If your machine already has Windows installed on it, boot up and go into device manager to find the name of the driver and download it from the manufactor's website. If not, you'll have to see which driver VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458 corresponds with (looks like it could be Realtek 8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet - NIC) and download from the PC manufactor's (or if not available Realtek's) website. Next you will need to add the driver into MDT in the drivers section of the Workbench, and then regenerate the boot image. See the section 'Creating/Updating the Boot WIMs' in MDT for Windows 10 (Basic Functionality) - Blogs - EduGeek.net
tomgrindle Posted July 27, 2017 Author Posted July 27, 2017 Hi @DJ-1701 Thanks for your information. Unfortunately I have already done this it seems so sporadic. Out of the 5 that did load, 3 of them came up with the error. After a reboot Deployment started normally. There seems to be something very strange happening ....
DJ-1701 Posted July 27, 2017 Posted July 27, 2017 Hi @DJ-1701 Thanks for your information. Unfortunately I have already done this it seems so sporadic. Out of the 5 that did load, 3 of them came up with the error. After a reboot Deployment started normally. There seems to be something very strange happening .... Silly question... you haven't got an old MDT server still running have you? (Or, if you are like me, one you started to setup but then cancelled and didn't know the service was running).
ADMaster Posted July 29, 2017 Posted July 29, 2017 Check / try a different ethernet cable / socket. Try again once the other deployments are finished or farther along in the process. Two years ago or so I had a PC that just would not image, identical to the one next to it. Booting into windows it showed a connection, same driver etc. The only difference I saw was it was connecting at 100 bps vs 1 gps. I moved it to another socket and it it imaged fine. This year I imaged a lab of older PCs getting them all going at once wasn't going to happen. I checked bandwidth and it all looked OK, but some would not image until others were finished.
MYK-IT Posted July 29, 2017 Posted July 29, 2017 What @ADMaster said, when we've had similar deployment issues in the past (MDT2012 etc) it was down to the network link being 100Mb instead of 1Gb (which works fine).
mullet_man Posted July 29, 2017 Posted July 29, 2017 What make and model are they PCs? Pretty sure it’s a driver issue, have you tried getting the exact NIC driver from the manufacturers website?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now