Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all, I'm working on an image for our IT suites and the teacher has asked for Microsoft Small Basic on the machines. The issue I have is that the 'Browse' button during install is greyed out and so I can't change the install location other than as the logged in user, and obviously I want to install for all users. So having done some looking up online, I came across this piece of command and decided to try it on my machine before our test machine:

 

msiexec /i C:\Users\THIS IS ME\Downloads\SmallBasic.msi INSTALLDIR="c:\Program Files(x86)"

 

The install seemed to go well, so I logged on as another user and the program was indeed there in the All Programs folder. I click it to run it and nothing happened. So I navigated back to the All Programs folder and it had disappeared. It's almost like it knew it had been installed in a none-default location and had removed itself. Sounds a but mad I know but it's the only explanation I can think of. Does anyone else use Small Basic and how did you deploy this to machines for all users?

 

Many thanks.

Edited by manamaga2512
  • 1 year later...
Posted
Did you solve this @manamaga2512? We'd like to do the same.

Where do you wan't to install it to?

 

You can install it on your machine, copy the install folder to your desktop and use a program like Advanced Installer (The free version) to create a new msi and you can put the folder where ever you like.

 

If you would like instructions on how to use that software I don't mind giving you a hand.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...