jezi55 Posted May 26, 2017 Posted May 26, 2017 Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience repairing a joomla install? I recently did an upgrade to 3.7.0 and it completely killed my website. Luckly enough i was able to recover using the Akeeba backing plugin. The only problem i have now is that if i click articles and then go to images and links i cannot press the select button next to intro image and full article image... it just does nothing. Unfortunately looking into the code is a bit over my head so i was looking to do a 3.6.5 repair/reinstall. Does anyone know if just copying the 3.6.5 folder to my webserver overwriting the files currently in use would fix it? Thankyou
3s-gtech Posted May 26, 2017 Posted May 26, 2017 Was your database backed up along with your files? I used to use Akeeba but don't any longer - I backup manually with a scheduled task so I can't remember how it works. You may find that you can't go backwards due to the database changes. Bear in mind 3.7.1 and 3.7.2 (newest) has some weirdness with file uploads at present (MIME types).
jezi55 Posted May 26, 2017 Author Posted May 26, 2017 Cheers for the reply Akeeba reinjects the sql it just looks like a core part of joomla has become corrupted.
3s-gtech Posted May 26, 2017 Posted May 26, 2017 If the DB is okay, install Joomla fresh by renaming the install folder and putting a fresh install into a new folder with the same name. Sort the config folder, then re-add the themes afterwards.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now