sippo Posted May 16, 2017 Posted May 16, 2017 We want to set the homepage to Google in Windows 10 via Group Policy. Is this possible?
TronXP Posted May 16, 2017 Posted May 16, 2017 Policies > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Edge > Configure Home Pages 1
3s-gtech Posted May 16, 2017 Posted May 16, 2017 Edge can do it, and in 1703 it's more configurable (you can disable the start page etc).
vimagoes Posted May 16, 2017 Posted May 16, 2017 (edited) Policies > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Edge > Configure Home Pages Yes, but this setting applies only on computer level, if you want to customise home pages for different groups as far as I know, or at least I don't have the option, it is not possible. Maybe it is in the latest .admx [emoji53] Edited May 16, 2017 by vimagoes
TronXP Posted May 16, 2017 Posted May 16, 2017 The question was can you change it with GPO... so the answer is yes you can change it with GPO, You can do this in user configuration rather than Computer configuration.
vimagoes Posted May 16, 2017 Posted May 16, 2017 The question was can you change it with GPO... so the answer is yes you can change it with GPO, You can do this in user configuration rather than Computer configuration. I cannot see the option in user config [emoji53]
3s-gtech Posted May 16, 2017 Posted May 16, 2017 AFAIR most Edge configuration is done in Computer Configuration, annoyingly. If you want that to be user group based, you're looking at loopback or clever filtering/scripts.
TronXP Posted May 16, 2017 Posted May 16, 2017 I cannot see the option in user config [emoji53] Maybe you need to update, I have it in user configuration.
disk Posted May 23, 2017 Posted May 23, 2017 Maybe you need to update, I have it in user configuration. I think your right. He needs to be on 1703 to see the new settings.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now