TwistedHelixis Posted April 26, 2017 Posted April 26, 2017 I was just handed a note asking if I could enable a suspended teacher account at my domain as they are having issues creating her a new account at her new school. They wanted me to enable her account and then delete her account after they have created her an account saying that her suspended account is causing them issues. Now in my mind there could be millions of users around the World with a similar name but so long as they are on different domains then thats that. Then even in our county we should all have different domains although they would all end with county.sch.uk (school.county.sch.uk) For the moment I have refused as it would give the teacher access to all our resources etc, but wonder if anyone has any advice. BTW I look after more than one school in this area and have a separate Google account at each school and that works fine for me.
hardtailstar Posted April 26, 2017 Posted April 26, 2017 Is the teacher coming back? if not just delete the account.
pcstru Posted April 26, 2017 Posted April 26, 2017 For the moment I have refused as it would give the teacher access to all our resources etc, but wonder if anyone has any advice. I agree that this should not cause a problem and I'd not give access to an ex member of staff on the basis that they are not contracted to follow any of our policies relating to safeguarding, data protection etc. If I was feeling particularly co-operative (helping someone falsify their theory that another account matters), I might enable it but change the password (i.e. we have access and could run any 'tests' etc for them). You might also suggest that if they think a particular account username is causing an issue - use a different one!
TwistedHelixis Posted April 26, 2017 Author Posted April 26, 2017 Lets theorize that they do really have an issue, could it be they have not setup the MX records correctly and they are somehow getting links through from other county.sch.uk domains or something strange like that.
pete Posted April 26, 2017 Posted April 26, 2017 Nope, wouldn't enable it. I might point them where to look, but you left - I can't give you access to school data or systems. Is this a "person who left still has the old account configured on her personal devices (if you did BYOD, for example) and the device can't handle it, thus preventing adding a new account?" My phone can handle N+1 Google accounts though, so....
TwistedHelixis Posted April 26, 2017 Author Posted April 26, 2017 We do not have BYOD but she may have connected her personal phone or something to her school email from home. I sent my phone number to the school and said if they need any advice or help to give me a call but its not an issue our end.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now