mikeprice Posted October 19, 2016 Posted October 19, 2016 Hi all I have 2 servers in my office - the real server and the espresso server - that I never really log onto much - but the keyboards and meece still have to be around I was wondering if anyone has found a thingy that would 'clip' onto the top of the monitor and hold the keyboard and mouse out of the way but keep them useable when needed or anyother ideas that would get them out of the way so I can fill up the space with random cable, screws, tools etc Thanks Mike
dry Posted October 19, 2016 Posted October 19, 2016 Ditch the Keyboard/Mouse and use RDP/VNC to remotely manage the servers? Or possibly look into a KVM switch
mikeprice Posted October 19, 2016 Author Posted October 19, 2016 Ditch the Keyboard/Mouse and use RDP/VNC to remotely manage the servers? Or possibly look into a KVM switch Thanks - could do but the Espresso machine isn't ours so I can't do anything to it - might just stick some Velcro to it and stick it to the wall I am looking for a cheap KVM switch - couldn't remember the TLA before!!
LeMarchand Posted October 19, 2016 Posted October 19, 2016 Ditch the Keyboard/Mouse and use RDP/VNC to remotely manage the servers? ^^^This and store the existing bits out of the way just in case you ever need to plug them in. Or possibly look into a KVM switch ^^^Not this. Though maybe my experience of KVMs was bad. The ones I've used would develop a tendency to keep flicking between the 2 units at will. If you have to keep the bits attached your velcro idea sounds good, or maybe a couple of luggage straps around the unit? Or a wireless kb/mouse or kb/pad combo?
pcstru Posted October 19, 2016 Posted October 19, 2016 I was wondering if anyone has found a thingy that would 'clip' onto the top of the monitor and hold the keyboard and mouse out of the way but keep them useable when needed Velcro.
TechMonkey Posted October 19, 2016 Posted October 19, 2016 (edited) Make some Sugru hooks? https://sugru.com/ Along the lines of this https://sugru.com/home-diy/how-to-make-an-ipad-wall-mount or https://sugru.com/home-diy/how-to-make-useful-diy-kitchen-hooks Edited October 19, 2016 by TechMonkey
mikeprice Posted October 19, 2016 Author Posted October 19, 2016 OOOOOOOOOOO I Need some of that - dunno what for - except for the keyboard thingy - but I need some OH will roll her eyes - but he ho
elsiegee40 Posted October 19, 2016 Posted October 19, 2016 (edited) OOOOOOOOOOO I Need some of that - dunno what for - except for the keyboard thingy - but I need some OH will roll her eyes - but he ho It's a solution looking for problems. We reinforced a load of lightning cables at school with Sugru Also this thread: Sugru | EduGeek.net Edited October 19, 2016 by elsiegee40
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now