MattDLEA Posted September 1, 2016 Posted September 1, 2016 Im looking for some advice,I'm not a big gamer and find a lot of games hard, saying that I have not played much of anything in the past few years. Other then Football Manager and Flightsim X I did like X2 on the PC. So the PC I had Flightsim on has died. I have a mac and a Intel® Core™ i5-4570 quad core 3.2 GHz (3.6GHz Turbo) with Intel® HD Graphics 4600 8GB RAM 240GB SSD Windows 8.1 Is the above any good for games ( flightsim - elete etc?) Or would I be better off getting a playstation or Xbox if so which one? Just think I may have a hour here and there to play now .
bald_pig Posted September 1, 2016 Posted September 1, 2016 I think you'd be good to go with just a new graphics card!
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 1, 2016 Posted September 1, 2016 Yup, Pop a GTX1060 in that PC and you'll be well set
MattDLEA Posted September 1, 2016 Author Posted September 1, 2016 the one that isn't a mac I ment which card Lol https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia/geforce-gtx-1060
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 1, 2016 Posted September 1, 2016 Take your pick. I like MSI usually OCUK are pretty steep on GFX cards though, try ebuyer/scan/amazon.
LeMarchand Posted September 1, 2016 Posted September 1, 2016 If you're feeling tight and don't mind sticking to older/less demanding games then you may find that you can get away with what you've got. Try Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements and if your specs aren't up to the games your interested in, then look at a new GFX card.
RobD Posted September 1, 2016 Posted September 1, 2016 I bought this one a few days ago from OC and its awesome!
ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 1, 2016 Posted September 1, 2016 Ebuyer Mobile Daily Deal £205 today. 3GB model though, i'd spend a little more and get the 6gb. It'll be worth it in the long run
3s-gtech Posted September 1, 2016 Posted September 1, 2016 Or an AMD RX 480 if that suits your budget and game choices. /brand balance
bald_pig Posted September 2, 2016 Posted September 2, 2016 (edited) This is the site i usually use to find the best price https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/ Edited September 2, 2016 by bald_pig
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now