Mark182 Posted July 5, 2016 Posted July 5, 2016 I have 65 switches across two sites (connected) I want to automaticity back up our switches config, I have a mixture of 2960’s, 3560’s and 3750’s. cisco (not that it matters). I have been recommended this, what do you guys use?
FN-GM Posted July 5, 2016 Posted July 5, 2016 I would keep it simple without any third party software. Setup a FTFP server and setup a Kron job on each switch to copy the running config to the FTFP automatically. This tells you how to setup the Kron job. Schedule commands with Cisco IOS' kron - TechRepublic 1
jamesfed Posted July 5, 2016 Posted July 5, 2016 Designed for HP ProCurves but should work with Cisco after a little tweaking - Automated backup for your network switches with WinSCP and PowerShell | my world of IT Built using PowerShell and the WinSCP .net library; just feed it a CSV of the swiches creds 1
FN-GM Posted July 20, 2016 Posted July 20, 2016 Hi @Mark182 I stumbled across this today. I haven't tried it out yet. Might be handy for you - https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/blogs/vip-perspectives/2013/10/30/understanding-cisco-auto-archive-feature-to-backup-configuration-file 1
Mark182 Posted July 21, 2016 Author Posted July 21, 2016 Hi @Mark182 I stumbled across this today. I haven't tried it out yet. Might be handy for you - https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/blogs/vip-perspectives/2013/10/30/understanding-cisco-auto-archive-feature-to-backup-configuration-file Thanks buddy
FN-GM Posted August 23, 2016 Posted August 23, 2016 @Mark182 If you want to see a cut down version of that backup config have a look at this - Automatic Cisco Switch Backup - Blogs - EduGeek.net 1
bart21 Posted August 29, 2016 Posted August 29, 2016 Kiwi tools are good for this. It's what we use and we are a big MSP 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now