wesleyw Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 I am currently using netstumbler I've found the SSID number I know the password et cetera but I don't know the IP address. Does anyone know of a free piece of software that could help? Wes
Ric_ Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 you could always reset to defaults or check your arp cache
bizzel Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 I'm pretty sure our core switches (HP 4000 / 8000 series) can match the IP address of a device to a known MAC address, and vice-versa. Perhaps yours can do the same and you can get the device's MAC address and look it up? That or connect it to a standalone machine and run a portscan over the entire range it should be on.
Sylv3r Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 Can you hyper terminal into the switch by connecting a laptop to a serial cable etc. The through the console discover what the IP is. What make / model of WAP is it?
petectid Posted January 24, 2008 Posted January 24, 2008 You can do this using arping, I think there are Windows binary available now but you would probably be better using linux here
wesleyw Posted January 25, 2008 Author Posted January 25, 2008 Cool thanks guys! Go it up and running now all I've got to do is find out why when it connects I still can't ping a wired computer lol! Wes
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now