zag Posted September 21, 2015 Posted September 21, 2015 Another try this year for this request... Can we PLEASE edit first posts. I thought I'd ask again as there was no solution given last time other than "wait for the new site" and that doesn't seem to have happened I've been trying to edit these for about 3 years now http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/48247-what-does-your-desktop-look-like.html http://www.edugeek.net/forums/web-development/49653-php-server-monitor.html http://www.edugeek.net/forums/web-development/27325-ict-support-system.html
john Posted September 22, 2015 Posted September 22, 2015 Another try this year for this request... Can we PLEASE edit first posts. I thought I'd ask again as there was no solution given last time other than "wait for the new site" and that doesn't seem to have happened I've been trying to edit these for about 3 years now http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/48247-what-does-your-desktop-look-like.html http://www.edugeek.net/forums/web-development/49653-php-server-monitor.html http://www.edugeek.net/forums/web-development/27325-ict-support-system.html As we've said on various posts (not saying your posts but others who have similar style threads) you need to just report your own post and the reason give us what the new post / edit needs to be an a Mod / Admin will VERY happily edit it as soon as we can for you.
zag Posted September 22, 2015 Author Posted September 22, 2015 As we've said on various posts (not saying your posts but others who have similar style threads) you need to just report your own post and the reason give us what the new post / edit needs to be an a Mod / Admin will VERY happily edit it as soon as we can for you. Thanks but I'm not asking for someone else to edit it, I'm asking for the rights to edit my own post whenever I need to. I've asked mods in the past, but its incredibly difficult to go through the formatting issues sometimes without being able to preview the post myself.
ZeroHour Posted September 22, 2015 Posted September 22, 2015 I am hacking in a quick way to do this for now, the next site may have a similar problem when we move over but this could allow it in the interim, I just need to fix 2 bugs first with it.
Arthur Posted September 22, 2015 Posted September 22, 2015 Can we PLEASE edit first posts. +1. Especially since other forums like HardOCP's enable you to edit the first post yourself.
zag Posted September 23, 2015 Author Posted September 23, 2015 I am hacking in a quick way to do this for now, the next site may have a similar problem when we move over but this could allow it in the interim, I just need to fix 2 bugs first with it. Thanks
ZeroHour Posted September 24, 2015 Posted September 24, 2015 (edited) I have enabled it now on a few forums, it is enabled on a per forum basis right now though. List any you would think it would be useful on and I will take a look and monitor it for spambot abuse. Edited September 24, 2015 by ZeroHour 1
zag Posted September 24, 2015 Author Posted September 24, 2015 Wonderful! My prayers have been answered Working fine here. I mainly find it nice to keep threads up-to-date for software I've written. So the coding and web development sections Coding Web Development Scripts Group Project
Arthur Posted September 24, 2015 Posted September 24, 2015 List any you would think it would be useful on. Downloads and OS Deployment would also be useful. Is it possible to only enable editing for members who have more than 20 posts (for example) to prevent spammers abusing it?
ZeroHour Posted September 24, 2015 Posted September 24, 2015 Downloads and OS Deployment would also be useful. Is it possible to only enable editing for members who have more than 20 posts (for example) to prevent spammers abusing it? Downloads was already enabled. I have turned on OS Deployment. I am looking to limit by a few posts and also age of account which should mitigate the majority of spam bots. Some spam bots post every minute across the forums (60s wait time between posts) until we stop them.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now