LeMarchand Posted September 18, 2015 Posted September 18, 2015 (Think this is the most relevant place) One of my favourite aunts rang last night for advice on how to send her copy of Adobe Elements to her daughter as the granddaughter needs Photoshop for college. I said that she probably needs full-on Photoshop and even if she sent her Elements disk it likely had a one-time license code anyway. First off: is Elements suitable in such circumstances? (Assumes more than one license) Secondly: Is it not SOP to offer discounted Photoshop to students? Had a quick Google and it seems that you can get CC for "only" £8.57/month, a year up front. My cousin apparently isn't very easy to drag info from so it may be that this was offered!
LeMarchand Posted September 18, 2015 Author Posted September 18, 2015 Or does anyone know a (legal!) way to get hold of a cheap copy of Photoshop? P.S. My photo manipulation "skills" are mainly on MS Digital image Suite (+ a bit of Paint.NET and Gimp), so not sure about the different versions of Photoshop!
witch Posted September 18, 2015 Posted September 18, 2015 I would have thought that she would need the whole thing. At my daughter's uni there were computers available with Photoshop on 24/7 and the uni offered a good discount on the program 1
elsiegee40 Posted September 18, 2015 Posted September 18, 2015 My son is studying Digital Media at UWE and the university has a a deal with Afobe for a discounted version of Creative Suite for students (about £50 from what I remember) Definitely speak to the college and/or check out their website 1
LeMarchand Posted September 18, 2015 Author Posted September 18, 2015 Thanks ladies - will find out which college and give it a Google. On an aside, I always suspected that software companies would much rather have us all pay a (high!) monthly fee than a one-off "buy it for life" purchase. Looks like Adobe are living the dream.
john Posted September 18, 2015 Posted September 18, 2015 I know when I was working in Edu I got a student / teacher edition of Master Collection for a few hundred quid (so huge saving on what Master Collection is) but it was a single user license, not to be used for making anything etc so was so I could learn more to teach the students (AKA teachers).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now