pickman Posted May 5, 2015 Posted May 5, 2015 Just a quick question Had a FIA request for all emails concerning a student. Is there a quick way I can query exchange for mention of this student (has unusual name luckily). I know how to do it on 2003 but never had to on 2010. Cheers Matt
network41 Posted May 5, 2015 Posted May 5, 2015 I have never done it but you need to use Multi-mailbox search if I remmeber correctly. I think you use the Discovery search can' remember exactly . Take a look at this hope it helps : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dd335072%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx 1
jbunoomally Posted May 5, 2015 Posted May 5, 2015 Just as an aside - are you sure that a request for emails relating to a student are covered under FOIA? This sounds more like something that should be handled under the DPA via a Subject Access Request (which is typically from the data subject themselves). If not from the subject but from a parent, then they may not be entitled to such information under DPA or Information Regulations (dependent on age / capacity of student in question). Might be worth a quick call to the ICO for further guidance before you start (lengthy) discovery. JB. 1
pickman Posted May 6, 2015 Author Posted May 6, 2015 Thanks for the replies. Legal team has been contacted and all is in order FIA and DPA (thankfully). Had exchange 2010 for 3 years and never use ECP before. Does exactly what I need don't envy the person having to go through the emails. Just in the 4 months there are 1200 emails concerning this student. Thanks for the info. Again edugeek saves me time and sanity
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now