localzuk Posted March 23, 2015 Posted March 23, 2015 Well, the inevitable has happened - we're likely going to be rolling out more iPads in school here and I've been tasked with sorting out an easier way to transmit video from them to projectors. The obvious answer is Apple TVs, as they are Apple born and bred. However, as ever, I am looking for cheaper things... Has anyone found anything that'll do this, reliably and cheaper than AppleTV?
Grey-gear Posted March 23, 2015 Posted March 23, 2015 (edited) Though I have not tried myself I have heard of a software called AirServer, not sure if it works in the UK as I can only see US prices, AirServer - AirPlay and Miracast receiver for Mac OS X and Windows PC Sorry if this doesn't help Edit: Saw this when look for prices of AirServer May help Edited March 23, 2015 by Grey-gear
Jamman960 Posted March 23, 2015 Posted March 23, 2015 (edited) I'd go with airserver or reflector, far cheaper than Apple tv and more intuitive as staff don't need to change inputs. I'd go Apple tv if a pc weren't needed Edit - thanks Gray-gear, didn't realise airserver was that cheap for edu. All prices I've seen have been pretty close for airserver/reflector. Edited March 23, 2015 by Jamman960
Arthur Posted March 23, 2015 Posted March 23, 2015 (edited) didn't realise airserver was that cheap for edu. That chart was created March 2013. The edu prices have increased since then. www.edugeek.net/forums/hardware/139012-customer-asking-complicated-setup-tablets-projecting-printing-file-shares.html#post1195743 AirServer is still massively cheaper than an Apple TV though which is £49.17 + VAT. Edited March 23, 2015 by Arthur
Asgard Posted March 23, 2015 Posted March 23, 2015 (edited) Not strictly limited to Apple, but we have a fair few of these - which two staff use with an iPad and converter https://nyrius.com/product/ARIES_Prime_Wireless_HDMI_Transmitter_Receiver_System_for_HD_1080p_3D_Video_Streaming_Laptops_PC_Mac_NPCS549.eng-5.html Edited March 23, 2015 by Asgard
sarge Posted March 26, 2015 Posted March 26, 2015 use airserver £7.50 in UK. setup depends on your network config/wirless seup- uses bonjour
localzuk Posted March 26, 2015 Author Posted March 26, 2015 Ended up buying a couple of AirServer licenses to try out.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now