mrbios Posted February 13, 2015 Posted February 13, 2015 For some reason lots of threads appeared in my recent new posts in the list of subscribed threads when there hadn't been any new posts, and now i've just noticed new threads i post in don't appear in the list. Checked on two devices to make sure it wasn't some strange caching issue too. Any known issues with that at the moment?
6Foot2 Posted February 13, 2015 Posted February 13, 2015 I have been seeing the same for a couple of days now. I thought it was me [my user] I have tried logging out and deleting all browsing data/cookies/history in my browser [Chrome] Glad to know now that it isn't just me. http://i.snag.gy/O1Co5.jpg
ZeroHour Posted February 15, 2015 Posted February 15, 2015 I think there is a bug with the usercp list, looking into it.
pete Posted March 6, 2015 Posted March 6, 2015 On the topic of subscribed threads, I notice "New subscribed threads" are appearing under "Your alerts" now, including when someone necros a thread. Is there a way to turn off alerts for new subscribed threads, but keep it on for mentions & PMs? 1
mrbios Posted March 6, 2015 Author Posted March 6, 2015 I second petes question there, i like having the notifications only telling me if i have PMs or mentions, would be good to know if there's a way of turning that off? 1
ZeroHour Posted March 6, 2015 Posted March 6, 2015 On the topic of subscribed threads, I notice "New subscribed threads" are appearing under "Your alerts" now, including when someone necros a thread. Is there a way to turn off alerts for new subscribed threads, but keep it on for mentions & PMs? There is no option built in but I can code it in, I was going to create a flag to clear the notification when you click/use the link which may help, it won't mark them as read, just remove the prompt. All the new forum systems we are looking at use subscribed notifications now so I thought it was best to test the water now. 3
sparkeh Posted March 6, 2015 Posted March 6, 2015 Mmm I really like the new alert for replies to subscribed threads. Also, my thread subscription list is working for the first time I can't remember how long so I am happy
ZeroHour Posted March 9, 2015 Posted March 9, 2015 Sorry about the delay changing this, my olds came to visit at the weekend and my daughter was sick (in their brand new car....) so I have had no free time.
mrbios Posted March 9, 2015 Author Posted March 9, 2015 Daughter? Parents? Pah disgraceful excuses. Where's the dedication! Honestly no rush! You do a fantastic job with this place.
CHR1S Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Also getting alerts for some things and not others, no alerts of mentions or new posts on some threads while the mark all read button seems to do nothing.
ZeroHour Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Also getting alerts for some things and not others, no alerts of mentions or new posts on some threads while the mark all read button seems to do nothing. Do you get the emails but not the alerts menu?
sparkeh Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Alerts menu/subscribed threads seem a bit screwy for me. Sometimes I find my control panel tells me there is a new post in a subscribed thread but I find the thread contains lots of posts I wasn't alerted about (if that makes sense). Also the 'mark all as read' button seems to work about 80% of the time (ie most threads clear but some won't).
CHR1S Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Do you get the emails but not the alerts menu? I get no emails at all, (I think I get emails of PM's but no one messages me really) If I view the threads with alerts it clears them and things seem to work ok for a while again until the mark all as read stops along with mentions etc.
ZeroHour Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 I get no emails at all, (I think I get emails of PM's but no one messages me really) If I view the threads with alerts it clears them and things seem to work ok for a while again until the mark all as read stops along with mentions etc. It appears your default thread subscription mode (set here: http://www.edugeek.net/profile.php?do=editoptions) is set to Control Panel only which will be why you dont get the reply emails.
CHR1S Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 It appears your default thread subscription mode (set here: http://www.edugeek.net/profile.php?do=editoptions) is set to Control Panel only which will be why you dont get the reply emails. Sorry should have been clearer, I dont want email alerts. I get issues after X amount of days where the alerts on the site just get stuck (say 3 new subscribed thread notifications) after this point I receive no more notifications regardless of what they are or mention notifications. At this point the Mark All Read button fails to work. The only workaround is that I visit the last page of each thread to clear them from the Alerts and new ones will appear after this point. 1
sparkeh Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 Sorry should have been clearer, I dont want email alerts. I get issues after X amount of days where the alerts on the site just get stuck (say 3 new subscribed thread notifications) after this point I receive no more notifications regardless of what they are or mention notifications. At this point the Mark All Read button fails to work. The only workaround is that I visit the last page of each thread to clear them from the Alerts and new ones will appear after this point. Similar to what I have.
ZeroHour Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 I have seen an instance where the alerts drop down showed new alerts but nothing was in the control panel. Before I could investigate the problem went away. Can you let me know the next time you have a stuck notification?
CHR1S Posted April 29, 2015 Posted April 29, 2015 I have seen an instance where the alerts drop down showed new alerts but nothing was in the control panel. Before I could investigate the problem went away. Can you let me know the next time you have a stuck notification? Will do!
CHR1S Posted May 8, 2015 Posted May 8, 2015 Taken a while but its now doing it again, the mark all read button has stopped working and no more updates/alrets are appearing.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now