kennysarmy Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 I've created a group policy which calls a batch file. The group policy is set at : Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Scripts -> Startup - then I have the script name set. The script should do the following: mkdir %SystemRoot%\Sun\Java\Deployment copy "\\fp2\SHApps\jre1.7.0_51\deployment.config" %SystemRoot%\Sun\Java\Deployment\ /Y copy "\\fp2\SHApps\jre1.7.0_51\deployment.properties" %SystemRoot%\Sun\Java\Deployment\ /Y copy "\\fp2\SHApps\jre1.7.0_51\exception.sites" %SystemRoot%\Sun\Java\Deployment\ /Y When I run Group Policy Results it appears that the Policy is applying but the folders and not being created and files not copied. If I run the batch file manually (As Administrator) the folders and files are created. I must be missing something simple but can't work out what it is... Any help appreciated. Cheers
kennysarmy Posted June 11, 2014 Author Posted June 11, 2014 "Domain Computer" have permission to read the source file by the way
kennysarmy Posted June 11, 2014 Author Posted June 11, 2014 Going to try using: Computer Configuration └ Preferences └ Windows Settings └ Files
Duke5A Posted June 11, 2014 Posted June 11, 2014 (edited) If it is not even creating the directory then I would think it has something to do with the system variable. Try using C:\Windows instead and see what happens. Edited June 11, 2014 by Duke5A
cullingsh Posted June 16, 2014 Posted June 16, 2014 Where is your startup script located? I take it your policy is pointing to the right location for it?
siuko Posted June 16, 2014 Posted June 16, 2014 Are you trying to run these startup scripts on Windows 7 or above? If you are then I don't think it will work as the startup script works with the local computer system account and probably does not have permissions to do what you require I've never fully got my head around why exactly it doesn't work (but I know when I was trying to get bginfo working on Windows 7 - this caused me lots of issues)
free780 Posted June 16, 2014 Posted June 16, 2014 If you want the local system account to have access to the share where your Java files are. Give the system account permission to the share and NTFS permissions. GPP is the way to go with Java config files.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now