Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I had a user go on holiday - so I put a forward to a different mailbox as requested.

The people who had access to this other mailbox deleted all mail. (I should have clicked deliver to both forwarding address and mailbox.)

How can I retrieve this email?

 

Thanks!

Posted

do you have a mail retention policy set up?

 

Ours stays on the server for 30 days after deletion.

 

get the user to click the deleted items folder, then the folder tab and then use the recover deleted items function and then you should get a list of everything thats been deleted.

Posted

the forwarding mailbox is a group mailbox which 10+ people have access to and use it as a secondary mailbox account in their outlook... so loads of diff ppl deleted the email

email retention is set to 14 days

Posted
Mail was forwarded over the course of 2 weeks when e-mail came in and deleted at various points throughout the 2 weeks. Basically it was forwarded to a group email while on holiday.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...