Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Indeed - a brilliant system, if only I could get it to bloody work with SQL!

 

Does everyone else have the problem with the MS Access Database continuously falling over randomly?

Posted

Yes we do, like if 4 people go or when the booking rush is on when the slots are opened it crashes every 2 mins or less and have to restart IIS service.

 

Apartt from that its great and we love it.

Posted
Indeed - a brilliant system, if only I could get it to bloody work with SQL!

 

Does everyone else have the problem with the MS Access Database continuously falling over randomly?

 

Nope, works great over here, never crash once.

Posted
Nope, works great over here, never crash once.

 

Umm... don't suppose you've made any special amendments to the coding? What platform are you running it on? IIS?

 

Cheers

Posted

Server 2003 is a lot better at managing access than 2000, (are you using 2000?).

The system will work on MSSQL but upgrades could be a problem so I don’t support it at the moment. Version 4 is planed to support Access, MSSQL and MySQL but I haven’t done any work on it for months. I have been consecrating on our Moodle VLE and doing lighting and sound for our resent production of Grease.

Version 4 was planed for September this year but I will have to some serious coding to hit that target.

Glad you like the system.

 

Ian Mullings

Devizes School ITSupport

Booking System

VLE

School Web Site

Posted
On Windows server 2003 here, still have the problems

 

Me too!

 

@imullings - I'm planning on starting with a fresh SQL Database and so forth. Could you provide any documentation/quick guides to get this setup and functioning?

 

Cheers

Posted

Ok, I've setup the booking system with a clean install, now it comes to the database bit!

 

I'm going to manually create the SQL database completly copying all tables and stuctures from the Access Database.

 

Has anyone got any templates on their setup in the DatabasePath.asp when linking to the SQL database?

 

Cheers

Posted

Ok, now i'm stuck! I have manually created the database, in SQL. I have put the information in, I.E. user, database name and so forth...

 

Anybody aware of what I need to put in the database path when linking to an SQL database?

 

Cheers!

  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Ian,

 

Thanks for your help previously; I'm sorry I've not been in touch to continue our investigation to the SQL Database connection problem. Things are manic here at the Academy!

 

I have a slightly different problem now; the changes we made over the phone previously have caused the system to run more stable. However, when the system falls over, not as often, but when it does, the database connection isn't the error.

 

Staffs’ are presented with a completely blank screen instead.

 

Do you know what this may be?

 

Thanks in advance!

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Sorry to drag up an old thread, I have a slight issue with the system constantly falling over.

When any changes are made to the system it causes IIS to fall over, requiring a manual stop and start of IIS.

Posted

Just to follow up, I'm now getting this message once IIS is restarted.

 

Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005' 
Header Error 
/active2/bookingsystem/start/Settings.asp, line 1093 
The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content.

Posted

@ Domino - I did look into this system before hand; I forget now why it didn't fit our needs completely, maybe two week timetable? Perhaps split days, whereby upper school and lower school have different times for different periods.

 

Not totally sure, but there was a good reason why that wasn't quite ideal.

 

Cheers

  • 1 month later...
Guest kerlj001
Posted

Does anyone using the Devizes Booking System v3, know how to amend the ASP to email the confirmation page. I know Ian Mullings is working on v4 which I believe will incorporate this feature BUT we have heavily modified v3 and are happy with this version

 

TIA

Jdy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...