dezt Posted October 11, 2007 Posted October 11, 2007 I'm designing a website for a friend of mine and he wants to have a HTML form on the site for any questions to be emailed to him. I thought of using a script in the cgi-bin folder to do this. The only problem is I don't know where the cgi-bin folder is, he is using NTL broadband. If anyone knows I could also do with finding out the location of my cgi-bin folder on BT Broadband. Thanks
ChrisH Posted October 11, 2007 Posted October 11, 2007 You may have to enable it first using their web site settings etc.
bensewell Posted October 11, 2007 Posted October 11, 2007 Give BT a ring or the web hosting company and they should be able to tell you... I've used something called form2email once and it was very easy to setup, but couldnt tell you where to get it from. On my private webspace there is a folder called cgi and all the scripts are saved in there.
CESIL Posted October 11, 2007 Posted October 11, 2007 On most hosting platforms I have used the cgi-bin is at the same level as the public_html folder where the web pages are located. This gives some security from access via a browser. If your hosting deal includes PHP then there are loads of scripts around to send an e-mail from an HTML form.
Geoff Posted October 11, 2007 Posted October 11, 2007 If this is free hosting there might not be any provision for CGI or PHP (to prevent abuse).
dezt Posted October 11, 2007 Author Posted October 11, 2007 Is there any other way for me to collect answers and get them emailed to me then if CGI doesn't work?
Scotmk Posted October 11, 2007 Posted October 11, 2007 Theres plenty of free form to email programs that use html or php without CGI, do a search on www.hotscripts.com, thats where I got mine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now