ronnoco Posted February 6, 2014 Posted February 6, 2014 Hi all, We have been using Devizes for years and love it - it just works all of the time. Unfortunately, it's installed on Server 2003 and we must get it on a newer OS. The instructions are for IIS 6.0 and it's completely different for the IIS shipped with 2008 or 2012. I have followed some other posts but with no success. Does anyone have a step by step guide for configuring it to work with either 2008 R2 or better still (as it's the DC) Server 2012. We would be very grateful as we would really love to continue using this product. Thanks very much in advance.
techie08 Posted February 6, 2014 Posted February 6, 2014 We've tried for ages now and with no succsess. We will probably go with a payed piece of software if no one has any other ideas.
gaz003 Posted January 29, 2015 Posted January 29, 2015 I am so close to getting the devizes room booking system working but stuck on the last bit (pulling my hair out a little here) I have setup IIS on server 2012, I am using Microsoft access database (not linking to active directory) I can log in to the system but when trying to book a room in any period I get the following error: 500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed everything else works ok - does anyone have any ideas to get me through this last bit?
BFCIT Posted February 2, 2015 Posted February 2, 2015 I never managed to get devizes booking system working after our migration from server 2003 to 2012. We use another free booking system now called 'mrbs' it takes a little bit of configuring but is great for us and I think a lot of schools use it.
FragglePete Posted April 20, 2015 Posted April 20, 2015 Sorry to drag up an old thread; but I had a little project to get this working on 2012R2 Domain Controllers as we're looking to shutdown our existing 2008R2 DCs. We're still using this Booking System, and to be honest, want to keep using it as it does everything we need. I've had quite a few questions on how I got this working on 2008R2, and to be honest, I was never quite sure. Today, I was determined to get it working on a 2012R2 Domain Controller and today I have succeeded in doing so! The key points to get it working were as follows: 1. Enabled Classic .ASP on IIS 8 2. Enable Parent Paths is set to True 3. Installed Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 (English) 32Bit on the Server 4. I have it running on the Classic .NET AppPool but has to have 'Enable 32-Bit Applications' set to True 5. Windows Authentication is Enabled - with all the other types set to disabled. Hope that helps some one out there. Pete 2
timbo343 Posted June 1, 2015 Posted June 1, 2015 Darn, i wish i had seen this before. CRBS is a great little booking system but Devizes booking system is more advanced when it comes to block bookings, SSO, etc.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now