6Foot2 Posted October 15, 2013 Posted October 15, 2013 Link 1: BBC News - Clangers to make TV return ...Although the creatures communicated in a spooky, swooping whistle, Postgate later revealed that their "dialogue" was written out in full, in English, and often included swear words... Link 2: Clangers
elsiegee40 Posted October 15, 2013 Posted October 15, 2013 If they, or the soup dragon, talk rather than whistle or gurgle, I shall be so unimpressed! 2
CAM Posted October 15, 2013 Posted October 15, 2013 Are there any bootleg English translations of the original series around?
CESIL Posted October 15, 2013 Posted October 15, 2013 No, no, no, no, no, no, no and again NO! Why not try creating something new or at least just re-showing the original after a bit of technical wizardry to enhance the recordings? Please don't trample on my memories with some crappy computer generated version and as @elsiegee40 said if they dare to make them talk then I will...I will...I will, well I shall be very cross at the very least! 1
john Posted October 15, 2013 Posted October 15, 2013 No, no, no, no, no, no, no and again NO! Why not try creating something new or at least just re-showing the original after a bit of technical wizardry to enhance the recordings? Please don't trample on my memories with some crappy computer generated version and as @elsiegee40 said if they dare to make them talk then I will...I will...I will, well I shall be very cross at the very least! Agreed they must not modernise them like other kids cartoons its very sad to see my childhood ruined
DrPerceptron Posted October 15, 2013 Posted October 15, 2013 Thunderbirds is coming back in 2015 on ITV as well... Parker will be the only character voiced by the original voice actor.
CESIL Posted June 2, 2015 Posted June 2, 2015 (edited) Ok so after seeing the preview I am relieved to see that they are using stop motion and I think they have made a good job of it. I shall put my soapbox away and look forward to watching the shows 😀 (Michael Palin as narrator has no bearing on my change of heart 😇) PS I have been very disappointed with the new Thunderbirds. Edited June 2, 2015 by CESIL
john Posted June 2, 2015 Posted June 2, 2015 Oooh that looks ok from that clip I can live with Michael Palin he isn't my cup of tea but can survive.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now