Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

I have a staff member here that users her own macbook. She created an Excel doc in Office 2010 for for mac. She sent it to another teacher who has office 2007. They asked for my help because some drop down list in the original document (mac office 2010) is not displaying in office 2007 for windows.

 

I verified the 2007 windows user was not in protected mode. After looking into this I suggested he download the Microsoft Office compatibility pack then try as it has a mention of a drop down list fix.

 

When I spoke to him on Monday he had not downloaded the compatibility pack, he claimed the mac user told him "That does not work, I tried it at home with my sons computer" I told him to download it anyway and give it a try himself. So far no word yet.

 

Just wondering if anyone had noticed anything funny when sending office files across platforms?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...