Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Remove registered owner on HP DC7700 post screen


Recommended Posts

Posted

We have a number of DC7700s which are being recycled however the school name is showing on the POST screen each time the machines load, even though I can't find a reference in the BIOS. The BIOS on each has been flashed at some point but I can't remember if it only started to appear then.

 

I'd much rather be able to remove this reference before the machines leave us but can't seem to find any useful information on how to do this. I imagine reflashing the BIOS too would just retain the name.

 

Don't suppose anyone has come across this? It appears just below the logo in the middle, centre aligned. I must admit i'd never really noticed it as a problem before, or even at all..

Posted
We have a number of DC7700s which are being recycled however the school name is showing on the POST screen each time the machines load, even though I can't find a reference in the BIOS. The BIOS on each has been flashed at some point but I can't remember if it only started to appear then.

 

I'd much rather be able to remove this reference before the machines leave us but can't seem to find any useful information on how to do this. I imagine reflashing the BIOS too would just retain the name.

 

Don't suppose anyone has come across this? It appears just below the logo in the middle, centre aligned. I must admit i'd never really noticed it as a problem before, or even at all..

 

F10 into BIOS on boot, and navigate to the Security tag.

 

It's in there under Device ID I think. You can change the ID or delete it in there. Just remember to press F10 again to confirm that you have entered new info otherwise you'll lose it.

 

Then save & quit :)

  • Thanks 1
Posted
F10 into BIOS on boot, and navigate to the Security tag.

 

It's in there under Device ID I think. You can change the ID or delete it in there. Just remember to press F10 again to confirm that you have entered new info otherwise you'll lose it.

 

Then save & quit :)

 

Champion, worked a treat, thanks :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...