jaminben Posted September 7, 2013 Posted September 7, 2013 Hi, We're deploying software via SCCM 2012 which works just fine but we now need a way to patch a couple of programs (the patch just overwrites a few files). What I'd like to be able to do is somehow link the two together so it would install the initial program first and then patch it afterwards. Anyway to do this with SCCM? Thanks Ben
jaminben Posted September 7, 2013 Author Posted September 7, 2013 (edited) Thanks for the reply but could you be more specific as I don't seem to be able to find how to do a file supersede. I can see application supersede which I guess will replace the whole application with a newer version but I only need to replace a few files within the deployed application. Many Thanks Edited September 7, 2013 by jaminben
FN-GM Posted September 7, 2013 Posted September 7, 2013 We have some software that needs something similar. I made a package and used a batch file. It first installs the program then runs the update in the next line. 1
Arthur Posted September 7, 2013 Posted September 7, 2013 I only need to replace a few files within the deployed application. Create a new 'Application' for your patch and modify the Detection Method so that it will only install if it finds the program you need to patch. The article below should give you the general idea regarding what to do. blogs.catapultsystems.com/mleach/archive/2013/09/04/installing-configuration-manager-2012-sp1-cu2-client-patch-with-an-application.aspx 1
jaminben Posted September 8, 2013 Author Posted September 8, 2013 Ok, thanks for all the help everyone... I got it working eventually using Arthur's method as that's what I was slightly familiar with
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now