Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a windows 7 image - the storage settings says it's "Immutable (VDI)" but I can make changes to the desktop etc which remain after I reboot.

 

What can I check?

 

Cheers

Posted

Check you don't have save state enabled (aka differencing disk cache) for when closing machines. Else it'll create a seperate folder that holds your "changes" in, then will reload them on top of the immutable drive.

 

Steve

Posted

I think there were some child objects under the VDI Name (in Virtual Media Manager) which was somehow causing the changes to remain.

 

I deleted the VDI and broke the link to my VM then recovered the VDI file from a copy I'd made and now all is working as it should.

 

:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...