mark-p Posted June 18, 2013 Posted June 18, 2013 Hello I'm at the tail end of an email migration from Novell Groupwise to Exchange 2010. Users who have not used Outlook (2007) at a particular PC are being looked after by us pushing a group policy settings containing server names. They're email profile is created correctly. We're now trying to clear things up for some of the early migrated users. We manually intervened to get them working, but some things were left inconsistent. What I can't get to work is Auto Account Setup wizard for users who have already run outlook. The previous email client used a profile which Outlook now tries to use. When we run the Auto Account Setup Wizard we get this message. "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." When we Click OK and the next dialog box shows the correct user name and Microsoft Exchange Server = EXMB1 EXMB1 is a mailbox server so when I change this to exch1 and click Check Name it finds the user and the Wizard will continue. It's finding an Exchange Server allbeit the wrong one. How do I make it find the correct one? I could just tell users to change exmb1 to exch1 (I've noticed they get asked twice sometimes) but it would be nice if it would work correctly without user intervention. Thanks Mark
bart21 Posted June 20, 2013 Posted June 20, 2013 In ems run get-mailboxdatabase 'database name' |fl rpc* and see which server is set here. Post the result if you need a hand.
mark-p Posted June 20, 2013 Author Posted June 20, 2013 Thanks for your suggestion Nick, the result yielded is RpcClientAcessServer : EXCH1.SFX.LOCAL which should be the server offered in the wizard. Any ideas? Mark
mark-p Posted July 2, 2013 Author Posted July 2, 2013 For future reference if anyone has the same issue. I spotted something in our proxy filtering logs while I was looking at something else. I could see the name of our exchange server exch1 being refused in the http logs. Once I allowed an exception for exch1, the wizard could find the correct server and could set the user profile up.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now