jaminben Posted May 26, 2013 Posted May 26, 2013 Hi, I'm trying to deploy an image with SCCM 2012 and schedule it to occur at a specific time but nothings happening. I create my deployment with the settings: Purpose: Required Send WOL Packets: Checked Assignment Schedule: As Soon As Possible Rerun Behavior: Rerun if failed previous attempt The rest is set to default and its inside my maintance window. The client machine wakes up fine and boots into windows but then does nothing. If I look at the Configuration Manager client on the target machine it shows the deployment as 'Installed' and I have an option to reinstall which if I click will then start the OSD. I do have my PXE boot password enabled but I don't think that matters as when I use the reinstall from above I don't need to enter a password. Other scheduled installs of software work ok. Anyone have any ideas or a good tutorial you can point me too? Thanks Ben
free780 Posted May 26, 2013 Posted May 26, 2013 Has the same deployment been deployed before successfully? I guess sccm would assume its fine as it is. Have you tried a fresh ts and deployment?
FN-GM Posted May 26, 2013 Posted May 26, 2013 What option do you have set here on the deployment settings?
free780 Posted May 26, 2013 Posted May 26, 2013 Im assuming its a required deployment. Usually media and pxe require a tech to start them. Unless you know pxe its in the boot sequence for the computers. You should just pick configmgr clients.
jaminben Posted May 26, 2013 Author Posted May 26, 2013 (edited) I've tried both (Only Configuration Manager Clients/Configuration Manager Clients, Media & PXE)... the TS works fine as a PXE deployment and it also works fine if I manually 'Re-install' it via the client console. I've also tried creating a new TS... both an MDT and an SCCM version. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but I can't work out what. Edit Yes its required. Edited May 26, 2013 by jaminben
jaminben Posted May 27, 2013 Author Posted May 27, 2013 Not sure whats happened yet but its just started to work.... all I've done is create a new basic TS and schedule a deployment. Oh well, happy days.
RobStA Posted July 3, 2013 Posted July 3, 2013 It sounds like SCCM is deciding not to rerun the task sequence as it thinks it has previously been run successfully (You have Rerun Behavior set to Rerun if failed previous attempt...this implies that it will not rerun if previous attempt was successful). This would explain why creating a new TS has solved your problem. I'm having the same problem but from the other side of the coin....I'm doing the same thing but with Rerun Behaviour set to Always Rerun, and funnily enough the TS runs, finishes, and then starts again! Might have to go with your solution of creating a new TS! (So far the only other solution I've found is an intricate schedule of Maintenance Windows and scheduled deployments, which seems to have too much potential to go wrong!)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now