david12345 Posted August 5, 2007 Posted August 5, 2007 hi, considering buying a dvd camcorder; there are some negatives ie lower quality video and editing issues but the particular situation , ie; *a few staff clogging up network with video "in progress" *most staff find pinnacle too difficult and using imovie &idvd on a laptop too time-consumimg *easy to use solution for pupils *management wanting every class to be regularly making videos; seem to suggest a dvd camcorder. Has anyone used one of these and can give some feedback as to ease of use, quality,reliability, editing (in-camera, or on PC)? Any reccomendations or otherwise of particular dvd camcorders? :?:
john Posted August 5, 2007 Posted August 5, 2007 I've used the Sony ones, nice bits of kit and seem ok.
Ric_ Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 We have 1 sony one... the quality is very good but it wasn't cheap. The biggest problem is the fact that you cannot easily get the footage into a PC for editting... you have to rip it off the DVD which can lead to audio synching issues. Personally, I would not recommend one to somebody if there is a remote chance of them wanting to edit the footage.
Gerry Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 I think your best bet is a camcorder with a Firewire connection and a copy of Adobe Elements (around £60 I think). I wouldn't recommend a DVD camcorder though - my experience has been with a 3 year-old Sony Handycam and it takes ages to start and prepare/finalise disks, and then it could only store 30mins at high quality.
alan-d Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 A Sony DCR-SR52E has a 30GB HDD and is very easy to use. We got ours from here with a LCS VA30 case and tripod for about £377. I think the camera was about £328.
john Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 I agree with Ric on the editing thing, they are a right pain to edit.
FN-GM Posted August 6, 2007 Posted August 6, 2007 my friend has one of them sony handycams, he has alsorts of problems with the DVDs i am unsure wot it is i will ask him
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now