+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Adobe AIR 2.0.2.12610 deployment - anyone else getting the [computed] error? in Technical; Just testing this for deployment now. 1.5.* deployed fine without modifications but I'm getting 1606 errors from msiinstaller when testing ...

Thank Post

Adobe AIR 2.0.2.12610 deployment - anyone else getting the [computed] error?

Just testing this for deployment now. 1.5.* deployed fine without modifications but I'm getting 1606 errors from msiinstaller when testing 2.0.2.12610. Occurs on three machines I've tested so far. This is using the AirInstaller from the distribution agreement links.

When running the extracted setup.msi I eventually get an error of "Could not access network location (computed)"

Opening setup.msi in Orca, I see a new (compared to 1.5) CustomAction of SetSHAREDADDINFOLDER with a target of [ProgramFilesFolder]\Adobe\Flash Player\AddIns\airappinstaller. That directory doesn't exist, nor is it created during install.

Under the Property table, SHAREDADDINFOLDER has a value of (computed). This appears to be where the error is coming from.

If I explicitly set SHAREDADDINFOLDER to a legitimate system variable or actual folder, it installs fine.

Can anyone else replicate this?

Thank Post
    Just checked against the "consumer" version and it's the same. Also checked User Shell Folders for Current User and Local Machine and they're fine.

Running the (downloaded or extracted) executable, it installs fine, it's just the more handy .msi that's broken.

Thank Post
    Last time I checked Adobe weren't providing deployment licenses or tools, I've applied and will let you know how I get on in testing.

Thank Post
    Cheers, but I wouldn't bother applying - the "licensed for distribution" version of AIR is identical (md5sum) to the consumer version.

Further investigation reveals the SHAREDADDINFOLDER Property isn't being used for anything I can see. Dropping that row from the Property table produces a working .msi and an AIR install that can use, install and run AIR apps. The installer creates and uses the folder set in the CustomAction table (SetSHAREDADDINFOLDER) fine after the Property table has been modified.

So I'm not really sure why Adobe created that row in the first place - it's not in the 1.5.* AIR .msis and doesn't appear to used.

5. 2 Thanks to pete:

jinnantonnixx (12th July 2012), kearton (21st January 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanks Pete - your fixed worked great for Adobe AIR 2.0.2.12610. I can now deploy the latest version via Group Policy! :-)

I've also got to do something similiar with a piece of PE software. There are two MSI's which link together somehow and they request starting from setup.exe first. I think some rows will be dropped in Orca again! :-)

Thank Post
    This again has worked great.

Does anyone know a way to way to supress the Adobe Air Agreement that pops up before use??

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by burgemaster; 2nd December 2010 at 10:06 AM.

Thank Post
    What application are you trying to run (and is it downloadable)? I installed GMDesk just to find where this is stored and didn't get an AIR agreement.

Thank Post
    I looked at it- that property should be used to determine where to put some duplicate files. But that is set earlier via a custom action. so yes, Pete, dropping that doesn't affect the MSI and the duplicated files now go where they're supposed to.

Thank Post
    Pete,

you posted

"Further investigation reveals the SHAREDADDINFOLDER Property isn't being used for anything I can see. Dropping that row from the Property table produces a working .msi and an AIR install that can use, install and run AIR apps. The installer creates and uses the folder set in the CustomAction table (SetSHAREDADDINFOLDER) fine after the Property table has been modified."

My question is how did you drop the row from the Property table to get that working MSI. I am trying to crate the adobe air msi so i can distribute it across the company and I am running into all kinds of issues when packaging it with WISE.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soduccm View Post
    My question is how did you drop the row from the Property table to get that working MSI. I am trying to crate the adobe air msi so i can distribute it across the company and I am running into all kinds of issues when packaging it with WISE.
    Get a copy of Orca.exe from Microsoft. It's part of the "Windows SDK Components for Windows Installer Developers". Links and info here: How to use the Orca database editor to edit Windows Installer files. Reasonably chunky download, but useful for other stuff too.

Extract your AdobeAirInstaller.exe to a directory - I use 7zip, but anything will do. In the extracted files you'll see a setup.msi. Open the file properties page and untick read-only.

Now Right-click > "Edit with Orca".

In Orca you'll have a Tables column on the left. Click the "Property" Table in that left column.

In the Right column select the SHAREDADDINFOLDER Property, then Right-Click > Drop Row and confirm the action by hitting OK.

Save > Exit Orca > Test the new modified .msi.

Thank Post
    Pete,

You DA MAN thanks that worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank Post
    In other news, Pete has discovered that this thread is being treated as the One True Fix by Google and would like to include an "it weren't me guv'nor" disclaimer in case of network wreckage.

It Works For Me (tm) but you should b****y well test it before sending into production.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread