Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

[Intune] Deploying a .pkg file to MacOS clients where a configuration.json is required?


Recommended Posts

Posted

We want to deploy FreshWorks' discovery agent to MacOS clients. The problem is the .pkg file comes with an associated configuration.json file containing parameters that I assume need passing to the installer (AccountURI and RegistrationKey), and I can't see a way of providing that information to intune? I can load in the pkg no problems, but that's it. 

 

I've seen some chatter about using pre/post-install scripts, but nothing that actually explains how to do it. Alternatively, I've seen discussions around using application configuration profiles, but those only seem to be applicable for mobile clients (iOS, iPadOS and Android). 

 

Anybody got a hookup to a decent guide that explains how to achieve this? Or know if it's even possible? Macs, er.. ain't my strong point.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...