+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, How do I find my Promethean product serial number? in Direct Support; ...

Thank Post

How do I find my Promethean product serial number?

If you ever have the need to contact Promethean Technical Support, you may need to provide the serial number of the product you are enquiring about. The serial numbers are located:

ActivBoard – either on the pen holder (V1 ActivBoards), On the side of the electronics box on the back of the board (Early V2 ActivBoards), On a small plastic tag behind the bottom left hand corner of the board (Later V2 ActivBoards) or on the left hand side of the board (V3 ActivBoards).

ActivPen – There is no serial number on your ActivPen – however, support may ask you for the serial number of your board that the pen was provided with.

ActivWand
    - There are no serial numbers on these devices, therefore you would need to provide the sales order number of the order that the kit was purchased on.

ActivExpression Handset
    – There are no serial numbers on these devices, therefore you would need to provide the sales order number of the order that the kit was purchased on.

ActiVote Handset - There are no serial numbers on these devices, therefore you would need to provide the sales order number of the order that the kit was purchased on.

ActivSlate
    – The serial number for your ActivSlate is located on the back of the slate in the top left hand corner

ActiView – Serial Number is located on the bottom of the base

ActivPanel – Serial Number located on the product information sticker on the back of the ActivPanel
    Last edited by TRobinson; 11th August 2011 at 01:23 PM.

Thank Post
    A small issue I have with Promethean support is that the support line number is an 0844 code

Now this might not be an issue from our land lines but there are no phones in our IT suites and whenever I call, the support agent insists I be at the board (understandably) when trying to troubleshoot.

So I have to call from a mobile (we don't have school ones, so I have to use my own) this is where the 0844 number hurts - if it was a standard number I'd be able to use my inclusive minutes and not get ripped off by my mobile provider.

And no, I don't want to give you my personal number to call me back on.

3. Thanks to steve from:

mats (2nd March 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    A small issue I have with Promethean support is that the support line number is an 0844 code

Now this might not be an issue from our land lines but there are no phones in our IT suites and whenever I call, the support agent insists I be at the board (understandably) when trying to troubleshoot.

So I have to call from a mobile (we don't have school ones, so I have to use my own) this is where the 0844 number hurts - if it was a standard number I'd be able to use my inclusive minutes and not get ripped off by my mobile provider.

I seriously dont think your mobile will be abused by the technical support team, I think the problem you have is not having a phone in your office fella and mabye a cordless dect phone at that

Thank Post
    The problem we have is our IT suites aren't in a nice central area - they are scattered over the entire campus, which is over 100 classrooms in 10 different buildings, on an 8 acre site.

No DECT phone will cover the 200m between our office (where we have 5 phones) and the furthest board.

Mobiles are our only option.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The problem we have is our IT suites aren't in a nice central area - they are scattered over the entire campus, which is over 100 classrooms in 10 different buildings, on an 8 acre site.

No DECT phone will cover the 200m between our office (where we have 5 phones) and the furthest board.

Mobiles are our only option.
    time for the smt to authorise school mobiles i reckon hey fella

Thank Post
    Wouldn't want one, they'd only ring me on it :-)

8. Thanks to steve from:

CPLTD (12th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Hello,

Can anybody help me. I am a supply teacher who has downloaded Active Inspire from the Promethean Website. I selected the 60 day free trial option. The software works on my PC and I am able to pre-prepare flip charts which I take into schools on my flash pen. Unfortunately because the software is for individual use and not shared I cannot open up my flip charts on the school's network. This is a real problem as I do not have time to re - do the flip charts in time for the start of lessons. How do supply teachers get around this problem? When you are in different schools day to day it's very difficult to get the support. What do I need to do. Thanks

Thank Post
    You need to speak to the school you are in. There is no reason if you have it saved as the right file type that I can think it would stop you opening them. If you do suply regularly for the same school speak to either the IT co-ordinator of IT support there and ask what software they have installed so you can ensure you are using the same format. They could be using an older version or different software alltogether but before you go creating lots of resources you really do need to know what facilities are available in all the schools you are working in.

If you cant get the prmethean software to work chances are all your schools are using powerpoint, so you could look at creating your resources in that instead?

Thank Post

You can get through on 01254 676 921 and ask for tech support.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread