Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am having an ongoing issue with the installation of Netsupport Pro within a secondary school enviroment.

 

Background info.

 

Windows 2k3 Server w/ XP sp2 clients

 

When I lanuch pcideploy from the server to do a install for a computer lab of 20 computers. It will install successfully on 19 machines, but on the 1 machine I will be prompted for a username/password dialog box. I am installing netsupport with my admin account on the server and no one is logged onto the workstation which I am trying to install netsupport on. Has anyone ran into this problem before? I am at my wits end on how to fix this issue. I have contacted netsupport directly, they were very polite but they were not able to fix the issue.

Posted
I am having an ongoing issue with the installation of Netsupport Pro within a secondary school enviroment.

 

Background info.

 

Windows 2k3 Server w/ XP sp2 clients

 

When I lanuch pcideploy from the server to do a install for a computer lab of 20 computers. It will install successfully on 19 machines, but on the 1 machine I will be prompted for a username/password dialog box. I am installing netsupport with my admin account on the server and no one is logged onto the workstation which I am trying to install netsupport on. Has anyone ran into this problem before? I am at my wits end on how to fix this issue. I have contacted netsupport directly, they were very polite but they were not able to fix the issue.

 

Gambit, sorry to hear you are having problems.

 

Deploy attempts to create a share to the admin$ on the machine, this share can sometimes be disabled. Go to the machine and type "net share" to list the shares, one should be "admin$"

 

Theres also an article here worth checking Deploy to XP

 

Also you could try turning on logging and post the results up here. To turn logging on load regedit.exe and go to this key:

 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Productive Computer Insight\Remote Install. If this doesn't exist create it.

 

Add a string value called "General\LogDeploy" and set the value to "1".

 

This will create a pcideply.log file in the deploy folder which should help with the diagnosis.

 

Let me know if you still have problems

 

Rob

NetSupport Ltd

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...