+ Post New Thread
Network and Classroom Management Thread, Netsupport Pro in Technical; I am having an ongoing issue with the installation of Netsupport Pro within a secondary school enviroment. Background info. Windows ...

Thank Post

Netsupport Pro

I am having an ongoing issue with the installation of Netsupport Pro within a secondary school enviroment.

Background info.

Windows 2k3 Server w/ XP sp2 clients

When I lanuch pcideploy from the server to do a install for a computer lab of 20 computers. It will install successfully on 19 machines, but on the 1 machine I will be prompted for a username/password dialog box. I am installing netsupport with my admin account on the server and no one is logged onto the workstation which I am trying to install netsupport on. Has anyone ran into this problem before? I am at my wits end on how to fix this issue. I have contacted netsupport directly, they were very polite but they were not able to fix the issue.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Netsupport Pro

go to the problem machine and run 'netdiag', I suspect there is a problem with the machines domain membership.

Thank Post

Re: Netsupport Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit
    I am having an ongoing issue with the installation of Netsupport Pro within a secondary school enviroment.

Background info.

Windows 2k3 Server w/ XP sp2 clients

When I lanuch pcideploy from the server to do a install for a computer lab of 20 computers. It will install successfully on 19 machines, but on the 1 machine I will be prompted for a username/password dialog box. I am installing netsupport with my admin account on the server and no one is logged onto the workstation which I am trying to install netsupport on. Has anyone ran into this problem before? I am at my wits end on how to fix this issue. I have contacted netsupport directly, they were very polite but they were not able to fix the issue.
    Gambit, sorry to hear you are having problems.

Deploy attempts to create a share to the admin$ on the machine, this share can sometimes be disabled. Go to the machine and type "net share" to list the shares, one should be "admin$"

Theres also an article here worth checking Deploy to XP

Also you could try turning on logging and post the results up here. To turn logging on load regedit.exe and go to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Productive Computer Insight\Remote Install. If this doesn't exist create it.

Add a string value called "General\LogDeploy" and set the value to "1".

This will create a pcideply.log file in the deploy folder which should help with the diagnosis.

Let me know if you still have problems

Rob
    NetSupport Ltd

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread