Tricks
Members-
Posts
68 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Tricks
-
Sorry for digging up a slightly old thread but I'm having a similar issue. We seem to have an increasing number of problems with powered VGA splitters. The issue is on a PC with the splitter, every minute or two the monitor disappears from device manager then reappears moments later. This also causes the Windows new hardware connect/disconnect sounds to play - which I've naturally had to turn off. It may relate to EDID information mentioned on the previous page, or the PC getting confused when trying to poll information via the splitter. This has never been a problem in the past, and can't understand why it's happening now. Graphics drivers changes maybe? Could anyone offer a suggestion to fix this? I could try the removing pins suggestion but would rather leave that as a last resort. Thanks.
-
Is the new release available? Can only see v2.0.3780 at the moment. Yes this would be a big plus for us to. I'd be surprised if fair portion of secondary schools didn't run Exchange and would like this feature.
-
There is only one line, and it's central on the page. Sorry should have confirmed the line on the right-side is correctly printed and not a problem. PS Thanks to the mod that fixed my typo in the title
-
I have a HP 3005 that's produces erratic smudges. I've done all the cleaning of rollers I can do, so am at the point of getting someone in to repair it but was hoping for a second opinion. Sometimes it goes through dozes of pages without any marks but then lines can be produced as on the attached images. The printer is mostly used for printing letters for parents and on occasion on envelopers which is where I think the problem may come from. I'm told though that the smudging comes and goes without having done any more envelopes. Can anyone offer any advise or shall I just find a local company to service it? The printer is about 2 years old.
-
I'll give Ricoh a call, but how does this payment system work - annual fee? I assume there is no base fee since you buy the printer up front.
-
I've had the 6050 recommended to me, will have to look up the 7050 to see how they differ.
-
Interesting,.. thanks for the input, won't be rushing into an Oki purchase it seems. I'm looking at Ricoh at the moment following your comments, our copiers are Ricoh's so know a little what to expect with drivers, reliability, support etc.
-
Hi all, Firstly a little background; we've got three HP 4200n's that have lasted 5-6 years. One has developed a fault so looking to replace. We have one HP 4015 that has since jumped in cost to around ~£750 which is putting me off, even though we are pretty much 100% HP here and know what to expect with them. So while I could look at the HP3015 I'm considering my non-HP options. I've been suggested the OKI B6300 but have no recent experience with OKI's. While it has a lower rated MDC it's still good for the cost, ~£460 with 3 years warranty. Is there anything to be wary of?.. in terms of configuring on our print server or reliability compared to our other HP 4200's that are still going strong 5+ years on. Appreciate any comments/suggestion.
-
I had that problem and I think it was due to initially missing email addresses for the users.
-
I'm thinking of exporting a list of staff and doing a bulk import via SQL. I assume if I leave the passwords blank in the database with LDAP-auth still enabled it'll sort itself out?
-
For those that use Exchange it would be a big plus. At the moment I wouldn't be happy making the helpdesk live to staff as it will confuse more than it helps. I could do a SQL query to popular email addresses based on usernames but that's useless till they have logged in once.
-
It may be completely different in .NET but when I used to write PHP scripts that did LDAP queries to AD there was a field just called 'mail' that held the users email address.
-
I've realised the problem, on the first login of an LDAP authenticated user it doesn't pull their email address over. Could this be added next update please? I really appreciate your efforts supporting this promising helpdesk solution, you could save a lot of work by handling errors better though. For example, simply telling the user/admin they don't have an email address set so we can deal with it, rather than bother you with trivial problems.
-
I've had a similar problem. I get the error "System.ArgumentException: The parameter 'to' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: to", and the stack trace refers System.Net.Mail.MailMessage, so it would seem it's an email issue but not sure what to do about it.
-
We used to have an unfiltered proxy but it was removed some time ago and no longer available. However it was my impression that OPSD wasn't designed to use a proxy, rather than this being a filtering issue.
-
Our internet is provided by the South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL), we use their proxy to gain internet access. We don't have any direct access to the internet, I'd imagine this isn't uncommon. I don't know much trouble it is for you to make your .NET traverse a proxy but if you could at least reduce the time-out to a few seconds that would be appreciated.
-
Updated and working here. Although not had any luck getting the email polling going yet though. Is there any way to do a test email poll and send a test email to confirm it's working (or give an error)? Unfortunately the new update check doesn't work over our proxy so just causes a ~30 second page load delay.
-
Think that may have been my problem, working now thanks Look forward to the incident queues fix, also on the 'New Incident' page I don't get the description entry box. I think it's because my helpdesk url is in a sub directory called 'helpdesk'. Looking at the source it has '/fckeditor/...' rather than a relative URL. By the way, I'm not too keen on the word Incident for a support job. Will there be the opportunity to modify things like this in the future?
-
Can anyone offer advice on how to get LDAP authentication working with OPSD? I've got other web tools that auth with AD fine but with the helpdesk I just get 'Invalid login details, please try again.' when I try and login. I can't see OPSD produces any errors/logs that I might use to narrow down the problem. I assume others have this up and running okay?
-
Stefan Keuchel (frischkopp) on Twitter
-
If noise is a factor it might be worth considering that some 24-port switches are fanless, where-as 48-ports can be quite noisy. Not sure if this applies to Netgear switches but worth looking into if you have switches in classrooms.
-
We're actually discussing these Casio projectors at the moment, looking like we're getting a sample one to test out. In principle they sounds quite good. Higher initial cost but no bulbs to buy, and when they approach end-of-life the brightness doesn't dip off significantly as with bulbs. They also turn on and off a lot quicker, would negate that little annoyance with traditional projectors.
-
Hi All, I've had a hunt around but can't see a solution to installing an ie8 addon on all school computers. I was hoping Group Policy Preferences would allow me to manually install it. The addon I'm looking at is here; Click CEOP Button - Add-ons Gallery Any thoughts would be appreciated.
-
I thought 2012 was fairly entertaining, although I went into it knowing it was ridiculously over the top and didn't take it seriously. Still have to agree with the negative comments mentioned but didn't bother me too much.
