-
Posts
2,108 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by supportman
-
After speaking with SDS support, apparently it just archives them to the expiredxxxxx team names. The teams currently have no members so its hard to work out if the data is actually there, but Microsoft have told me nothing is deleted so at least its a good sign. Now to find out how to become a member of those old teams!
-
Great, wish I'd known about that sooner Sadly it seems a lot of our groups got changed to "expiredxxxxxxxxxx" and have since been deleted for over 60 days now.
-
Does anyone use Microsoft Teams for Education here? We used it last year and it was great. Rolled over the SDS sync during the summer which worked fine. Now a teacher is asking for the work from last year to be retrieved from one of the teams, does anyone know if this is even possible? If so how would I find it? The students onenote links are just dead links, and obviously we now have different class "teams" this year.
-
Just got this as well, the test seemed very bloated to me. Will probably have to setup a local user for this with admin rights.
-
Absolutely this!
-
Have they released a cloud version yet? Installing web servers seems very 1990s
-
Veeam. Then end.
-
Bromcom, iSams would be the 2 biggest I think. Sims do not offer a cloud solution, but Sims 8 is in development. Expect to hear some more at BETT this year. Sims "hosted" is NOT a cloud solution, the idea that it could be put in that category is plain wrong and it should not be identified as one. Its simply Capita running the server for you exactly the same as for the last 20 years of their product. If you want cloud (a web based solution) for sims then Sims 8 is the cloud product.
-
I found it actually easier to use a little PHP function to sort the ical into an array, luckily the structure is pretty easy to parse. function icsToArray($paramUrl) { $icsFile = file_get_contents($paramUrl); $icsData = explode("BEGIN:", $icsFile); foreach($icsData as $key => $value) { $icsDatesMeta[$key] = explode("\n", $value); } foreach($icsDatesMeta as $key => $value) { foreach($value as $subKey => $subValue) { if ($subValue != "") { if ($key != 0 && $subKey == 0) { $icsDates[$key]["BEGIN"] = $subValue; } else { $subValueArr = explode(":", $subValue, 2); $icsDates[$key][$subValueArr[0]] = $subValueArr[1]; } } } } return $icsDates; } And then to show the latest 5 events with a summary $events = icsToArray('calendar/1.ics'); //$events = icsToArray("https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/youroffice365livelinkhere/reachcalendar.ics"); $counter = 0; // Loop through 5 events foreach($events as $event){ // Check the event summary is not null and display if ($event['SUMMARY'] != '') { // Define the strings $date = NULL; $summary = NULL; $date = $event['DTSTART;VALUE=DATE']; $date = substr_replace($date, '-', 4, 0); $date = substr_replace($date, '-', 7, 0); $summary = $newstr = str_replace('\\','', $event['SUMMARY']); // Display each events echo ""; echo " "; echo "".$date.""; echo " "; echo $summary.""; // Count up each time we find a valid event $counter++; } // Break out of the loop if we have more than 5 events if ($counter > 5) { Break; } }
-
I think Xibo now supports ical extensions which may negate the need to convert to RSS. I'll update if I can get it working. https://community.xibo.org.uk/t/calendar-module-guide-xibo-cms-1-8-10/14749
-
Just come up against this myself for our digital signage integration. Does anyone have any more modern solutions?
-
[1809, ou] Microsoft moves printer drivers to Windows Update
supportman replied to Arthur's topic in Windows 10
Great news actually about this, the windows installer will be smaller as a result. -
No news that I have heard, I guess the next milestone will be BETT 2019 and then maybe a full release at BETT 2020? EDIT: Sims finance has a brochure now though at least. Looks cloud based! https://www.capita-sims.co.uk/sites/default/files/2018-06/SIMS-FInance-Product-Guide-JUN18-WEB.pdf
-
Moving all our data into Office 365
supportman replied to HereIGoAgain2601's topic in Cloud Services
Has anyone used iAm cloud federated services? We purchased cloud drive mapper and it didn't really work due to having to sign on a 2nd time. Apparently they offer a 2nd service for SSO but I am unsure of how it works or if its any good. -
Hyper V Server - 1 Host... What are the benefits?
supportman replied to CyBeRkId2002's topic in Windows Server 2016
I couldn't imagine NOT using Hyper-V these days, makes everything so portable and easy. Just don't forget to back them up with Veeam! -
Loving explorer dark mode! This is probably the most useful feature I have seen in Windows 10. Marvellous!
-
I just tested running a Sims report and it works perfectly outputting to Excel 2019. In fact it looks like it works even better than 2016 by not showing those annoying security warnings each time.
-
No we use Teams and it has its own files section for each group.
-
We use a single document library with sub folders, seems to work well.
-
As far as I know, I just installed the UI on my desktop machine. It required re-registering. I only installed SOLUS3DeploymentServerUI.exe and entered the password that Capita reset for me. Solus still works fine on the server, that has the SQL database and solus files on.
-
That's great news! Looks like things have changed then. I was told that 45m was their limit in when I had quote last year. The prices were fantastic from our reseller which prompted my interest. We went with a BT 500mbit line in the end which was about 5 times the price. About the same quote from Virgin.
-
We use LTSB and avoided a lot of the initial problems, seems to work well after the settle down period. Local profiles and redirected start and desktop seem to work as expected so far.
-
My experience of CityFibre was very poor, they wouldn't even lay it 150 meters to our school when we had 2 schools registering our interest and possibly the hospital. As far as I could tell, they were simply sweating the original Marconi fibre lines that were laid 20 years or more ago with no new fibre being laid.
-
I logged a case on supportnet and they sent me the link to the install in the end. It has a password so I can't post it here. I also needed to "Re-Register" Solus when I launched it, which again needed a password. The support person reset it for me and it worked as expected. Cool to get Solus running on my desktop now!
