Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

BOOT

Members
  • Posts

    488
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BOOT

  1. Yeah, this update changes the boot manager. It adds a list of revoked certificates for the older compromised boot managers, but doesn't enable it automatically. That's the bit that needs additional manual steps, until they enforce the changes some time in 2024 or sooner.
  2. Yeah, I follow a lot of campaigns. 12 years on, still no closer to a solution. Unfortunately, my MP is blue, so she couldn't care less.
  3. Another rate hike. Mortgage is 18% now. Still unable to switch.
  4. May be some automated deployment options for the 'second deployment phase' in the July 2023 updates.
  5. As long as you're not performing the additional manual steps to enable the changes, it doesn't seem to affect anything. If you are enabling the changes manually.. anything using secure boot (existing build media, pxe, recovery mode) is broken.
  6. I don't see anyone going through the 28 steps involved in manually updating boot\install\recovery\online\pxe media. It's ridiculous.
  7. Don't forget to update the firmware. There's always a reason for the price.
  8. I've seen every shade referred to as 'builders tea'
  9. BOOT

    Voter ID

    Well, having looked at the 'long' list. I don't have any of those.
  10. I do appreciate the offers. I'm not too proud to accept a little charity here and there, but it's not really a sustainable solution is it? I'm not exactly dirt-poor, I'm not wasteful either. I just don't understand how everyone else seems to be so much better off, much less understand how they can even complain about it.
  11. ...Well I'm about to stop paying for food. It's all that's left to cut. I'll let you get back to complaining about your mansions, heat pumps, swimming pools etc.
  12. It was replaced by a No. 2 bill. https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3430
  13. Anyone else still treating this pandemic with the seriousness it deserves... or is it just me left?
  14. Yet another rate hike. As if things weren't bad enough...
  15. Definite massive rise in infections where I live. Very little common sense around.
  16. What is this, the bragging topic? I'd be thankful for a working toilet.
  17. I've exhausted every option. I don't meet the lending criteria. Simply: I don't earn enough to qualify for the mortgage I already have.
  18. Another rate hike. My mortgage is now 17.33%.
  19. Yeah, radiators work by convection - Foil isn't going to do very much more than reflect a small amount of infra red.
  20. I don't have luxuries like cars or streaming services to scrap. I scrapped my pension. I recently found some carpet in a skip though, so not bad times for everyone.
  21. Another rate hike 14% That's me done.
  22. Would be nice if there was such a scheme working where I live, umpteen power cuts this weekend.
  23. It's an endowment mortgage. Those still exist for people who's income has been so low that they can't switch mortgages.
  24. 75k @ 13.62% As a mortgage prisoner, I'm screwed.
×
×
  • Create New...