Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

_Bat_

Members
  • Posts

    1,352
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by _Bat_

  1. Wow! Well they say there is a linux for almost every purpose lol. As everything works in opposites, does that mean "hell" uses Windows If any of us spontaneously die at some point in the near future, we know that God requested more tech support.
  2. http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2007/2/24&name=Close_to_Home I just hope they don't decide they need an entire department.
  3. That doesn't need to be created, we already have one, right here
  4. Back in your cage Jake He IS in his cage... he somehow managed to get a cat5 cable through the bars though. Is there such thing as an online ASBO?
  5. I didn't actually ever try gallery2... not sure why. I think I prefer zoom gallery for my site though as it is a primary school site and the kids love the zoom feature. I don't think many people use IE7 yet, so the bugs in it can wait for a later version I guess. Their support forum is terrible... most bug reports never get replied to. General questions of how to do things (a few of them I wanted to do myself such a where the PHP include code is for the navigation as I wanted to remove it) didn't get replied to either. It's not an unpopular gallery though.
  6. The code was in the right place, I got it to work after a -hard- refresh. Thanks so much for your help.
  7. _Bat_

    BEBO

    LEA got that one
  8. K, i'm a little bit confused as to where the code has to go. Putting it where I assumed you meant didn't work
  9. Thanks, will give this a shot now
  10. Zoom gallery doesn't have to run on joomla from what I remember reading, it is actually based on another separate project, though I can't remember where I got that information from. The zoom gallery has some bugs. The zoom (obviously the feature they are most proud of) doesn't work correctly in IE7 and there are some minor problems such as if I rotate an image clockwise, it rotates it anti clockwise for some strange reason (and vice versa). I haven't really tried any other galleries, so can't recommend any others. I just use zoom gallery because i'm used to it now.
  11. Hehe, what makes the offer seem especially good is that a couple of years ago I could have gone into PC World and bought one top of the range machine for £1100 (they might even sell some computers for that price now, who knows) ... now i'm getting 14 for a similar total cost. They may not be as high spec'd, but they are certainly good enough for our needs. I certainly wouldn't refuse a computer with that spec for that price at home.
  12. _Bat_

    Licences

    I'm in a similar sitatuon myself. Near the end of last year I attempted to go through all our documentation for licenses, but after about a week I gave up. We have a lot of documents regarding licenses in the office, plus a few references for licenses of which the details are stored online. A lot of it seems to be duplicate data and even if it wasn't, from the information I could find we were under licensed for what we had. I'm well aware not all the licenses we have are documented because my network manager told me he had bought 16 licenses for microsoft office which I couldn't find anywhere. My network manager knows little more about the licenses then I do. As he works for nine schools, it would be unfair to have expected him to look after the licenses, the office in this school has always been more in charge of it before I came. Yet it seems that they didn't receive details for half of our licenses in the first place for whatever reason. So now I am in the situation of suspecting we are not fully licensed but no way of actually finding out (that I can see). There is no company I can e-mail to find out as the licenses have all been purchased by different people from different places. Some of these people have since left the school. I want to look into it again and see if I can get anywhere, but I got so confused and fustrated by what was going on last time that i'm not sure where to start. Has anyone has any similar experiences and how they tackled it?
  13. Okay just thought i'd update. Ideally we needed the computers ASAP (as ours are dying a slow death) so I thuoght i'd look into First Tech as mentioned by krisd32 above. I sent them an e-mail and they actually provided me with what I consider to be an extremely decent offer: HP/Compaq Evo Pentium 4 1.7 GHz 512MB RAM 30GB HDD CD Drive XP Pro COA License Warranty of 12 months Keyboard & Mouse Cost: £80 As we are ordering 14, the total cost is £1,120 (ex VAT). Not bad at all in my opinion. If these machines work out, i'll certainly be remembering this company in the future. Thanks for all the offers we received on this thread.
  14. Come again?
  15. One of those schools is just down the road from my house as well... literally. Nope... i'm not tempted.
  16. What do you know now that you wished you knew then?
  17. I'm quite surprised at how young people are as well... I automatically expected most people to be in their early thirties. I always believed I was one of the youngest here (which I think I still am, but not by much).
  18. Still doesn't work I've discovered that it doesn't work in the latest version of firefox, but I install firefox on my grans laptop a while back and it works in that version?
  19. Meh, i've been in both education and IT less then a year. I started this job last March, before then I was an administrator (office work) for severn trent. Before that it was pretty much just college/school etc.
  20. Me = 20, but closer to 21. I'm not really looking forward to it.
  21. 'Tis really weird, sometimes it works in firefox, but other times, like now, it just doesn't. *REMOVED* Does that link work in firefox for you? Does the school logo show? I am going to keep it as it is an excellent map, but I wish Firefox would behave (not often I have to say that about firefox).
  22. Happy Birthday! I am 20 (will be 21 in May) and like Webman, I don't think i'd want to be anything else. In my opinion the ages of 18 - 28 are where I would want to stay if I had the choice .
  23. K I got it working... this is a brilliant script, I love it, thanks
  24. Okay, I will give it to a go when I get back to one of my computers (probably at work tomorrow). Right now i'm on my grans laptop because my aunt has kicked me off the computer so she can go to sleep in the room it is in, lol. Thanks for your help.
×
×
  • Create New...