Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

buzzard

Members
  • Posts

    430
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by buzzard

  1. Just out of intrest can I ask how?
  2. sssturmbannfuhrerspock http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/sssturmbannfuhrerspock.png
  3. That shows a good argument!
  4. have you the APC software or other diagnostic software you can use to query the UPS?
  5. I always give projectors a 5 Year lifespan, then I budget for there replacement. but if they're still working at this point leave it until the bulbs go then replace... If it's not broke, don't fix it (as long as its ongoing "maintance" isn't costing you more then its worth! )
  6. This reminds me of an old Viz ad... "Fret Debt" Take a high intrest loan and the fret and stress of having to pay it off will have you loosing so much weight in no time at all!!
  7. is it just the two servers pulling from the UPS? with Xmas coming up I'd see if you can last a week and a bit and possible move/test the UPS without endangering the Servers. Are the Servers Mission Critical?
  8. for me gts 2
  9. Remember this is a security risk!! but will help diagnose the issue!!
  10. to do the outlook pst files you'll need the office adm files, you can dload them from M$ then ad those into your GPO and specify the location of the .pst using the %username% variable
  11. If you want vanilla clients on a CC3 system then you can set up OU's within AD that don't have the RM GPO's applied on them (make another root OU outside your 3 letter code OU) then you can play away with setting up your own system. obviously the default domain ones will still apply but RM don't mess too much with these. I have worked on both and not had any problems with either. RM makes your job simple as RM do all the testing for you, that is IF you follow their guidelines, a Vanilla system works fine and you can create a similar system with a bit of effort. Again agreeing with previous posts, look at why you want to migrate, is CC3 stopping you doing something? Have you talked to your RM sales rep if that is the case? The Sales rep helped me push the RM support when I wasn't getting much joy.
  12. So if the images are in a users area on the server do you unplug the server??
  13. So if the images are in a users area on the server do you unplug the server??
  14. It's nice to see a company getting an answer to or comments!
  15. I know that feeling, damn helpful of them!
  16. Why give them such a meaning less practical 'test' as wire some cat 5? I've worked in in edu IT now for 5 years or so and never *had* to make my own cable! If anything if I was asked to do that at an interview - I would do it of course - but at the back of my mind I would be concerned that the school would be right for me! In fact I'd probably tell you to stuff the cat5 up your jacksy and assess my practical skills in something that I would be doing on a daily basis - supporting apps - Office-IE-Macromedia-CAD, WSUS, AD admin, network security and most importantly test my communication and inter-personal skills! I've always said practical tests are VERY LIMITED in their use. Nothing can replace being a good interviewer who can spot when someone is blagging and when someone is 'right'. I didn't get the highest mark in the written test for my current post - but I still got the job because I came across best at the interview and, of course, I had the experience and ability to the job. All of the above of course is IMHO To go back to the topic and the question that was asked, That is one of the things I have done as a test, not the entire interview, just part of a process. It isn't a pass or fail, just so I could see how the person worked, As mentioned by others I would be in the room chatting and giving pointers. The test isn't to wire a patch 5 cable, its to transfer a file using the supplied materials. the point is to see if they know what to do, as regards making the cable some people on the interview just say "sorry don't know how to do it, we just buy one when we want one" others make one without questioning, and others ask for the colour sequence of the cables. As I said, this forms part of the process, and was given in response to the original question
  17. Yeah they badge it as RM Tutor 3, they used to use NetOp School for RM Tutor v 1 & 2
  18. Glad to help!
  19. Would use my initiative and use my USB Pen drive Sorry should have said, use a ISO bigger than what you can fit on a USB, at the time we did it it was an MS Office ISO, perhaps zip a few together!! The test started with a bit of paper and a scenario of "using only the equipment on the table transfer file X from Computer A to Computer B" Nice Try though!!
  20. we had that as well but THIS was our problem then!!
  21. can you remotely access your dc's?? using an ip blocker or a proxy it would be hard to trace, then delete all his stuff.
  22. I had that, had to remove everthing, it then wouldn't remove the sophos management service, had to do that manually, then reinstall, also needed to reinstall ms.net, then it would work.
  23. @ alan-d I would stay away from e107, its ok for small sites but once your db gets big it becomes painful!
  24. 2 computers (we use laptops), a length of wire, cable making tools, user has to complete a file transfer from one computer to the other, we usually use an ISO of office. Or if you don't want them to make a cable have two, a straight patch and a x patch, then they will just need to spot the difference. They would then have to set up the IPs etc and share the folder and transfer the file. simple....
  25. Would like to know more about the "check my Quota"
×
×
  • Create New...