Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

JRA

Members
  • Posts

    952
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JRA

  1. Thanks mavhc. At the moment, looks like the following (edited slightly:) $username="tkid3";$password="umbrella"; $database="tkid3_testdb";mysql_connect("compsci.mynetwork.mydomain.sch.uk",$username,$password); @mysql_select_db($database) or die( "Unable to select database"); $query="SELECT * FROM students";$result=mysql_query($query); $num=mysql_numrows($result);mysql_close();?> </pre><table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2"> Value1 Value2 Value3 Value4 Value5 $i=0;while ($i < $num) {$idnumber=mysql_result($result,$i,"idnumber"); $surname=mysql_result($result,$i,"surname"); $forename=mysql_result($result,$i,"forename"); $dob=mysql_result($result,$i,"dob"); $homeaddr=mysql_result($result,$i,"homeaddr");?> $i++;}?> </table><br><br><br><br><br> <title>PHP Test</title><br><br><br>PHP WORKS'; ?><br><br><br><
  2. Hi - sorry ran out of characters in the title. Well I'm fairly new to Dreamweaver tbh, and know a 'bit' of MySQL but no huge genius. As per the new controlled assessment, I'm trying to do a 'dry run' with a student account and get the output of a MySQL table into a web page in Dreamweaver. I've tried and failed with mysql_connect in php (but to be honest I don't really 'know' what I'm doing, just copying and pasting code and amending login details and column names etc.) We have a Ubuntu/MySQL server set up for students to use, which works fine. Anyone have a REALLY basic guide on how to do this? Thanks to anyone reading!
  3. Haha yes indeed, I'd prefer it myself to just do it within wordpress itself (or at a push use mammoth .docx jobber or equivalent) but it's not just me there's less-capable people involved in this, who gotta get pasting. :/
  4. Hello all - just wondered if anyone can recommend a plugin that'll do this? Have a couple googled up but if anyone here knows one or uses one that'd be splendid. Thanks all.
  5. Aaagghhh I could JUMP THROUGH THE SCREEN AND HUG YOU! That worked a treat, thanks so so much! :)
  6. Hello all - following disabling SMBv1 AND recently changing my domain admin password I've hit a few snags with some of my secondary backup servers. They're not totally vital, but they provide secondary backups in case of dire emergencies. I'd also like to understand what on earth it wants from me at this point too! Lol. Anyways, rsnapshot governs this and grabs the data off each host with lines such as the following: #STINKYPRINTSERVERbackup_script /bin/mount -t cifs //stinkyprintserver.mydomain.sch.uk/papercut$ /mnt/remotesmb -o credentials=/root/backup/.admin-credentials unused21/backup /mnt/remotesmb/ stinkyprintserver/backup_script /bin/umount /mnt/remotesmb unused22/ The details in .admin-credentials are indeed correct, in smb.conf min protocol=SMB2 is set. Dunno. Had a trial with the following: [i]# /bin/mount -t cifs //stinkyprintserver.mydomain.sch.uk/papercut$ /mnt/remotesmb -o credentials=/root/backup/.admin-credentials[/i] But all I get is: [i]mount error(112): Host is downRefer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) [/i] Pest. So, I try manually entering that: [i]# /bin/mount -t cifs //stinkyprintserver.mydomain.sch.uk/papercut$ /mnt/remotesmb -o username=MYDOMAIN\\Administrator [/i]And get prompted for a password, but all I get is the same error back. Yes the host is there and does ping btw!I've read that you can force versions by appending eg "vers=2.0" or even "vers=3.0" to the command, but I get the standard, lengthy options and switches output when I try the following: [i]# /bin/mount -t cifs //stinkyprintserver.mydomain.sch.uk/papercut$ /mnt/remotesmb -o username=MYDOMAIN\\Administrator vers=2.0 Usage: mount -V : print version mount -h : print this help mount : list mounted filesystems mount -l : idem, including volume labelsSo far the informational part. Next the mounting.The command is `mount [-t fstype] something somewhere'.Details found in /etc/fstab may be omitted. mount -a [-t|-O] ... : mount all stuff from /etc/fstab mount device : mount device at the known place mount directory : mount known device here mount -t type dev dir : ordinary mount commandNote that one does not really mount a device, one mountsa filesystem (of the given type) found on the device.One can also mount an already visible directory tree elsewhere: mount --bind olddir newdiror move a subtree: mount --move olddir newdirOne can change the type of mount containing the directory dir: mount --make-shared dir mount --make-slave dir mount --make-private dir mount --make-unbindable dirOne can change the type of all the mounts in a mount subtreecontaining the directory dir: mount --make-rshared dir mount --make-rslave dir mount --make-rprivate dir mount --make-runbindable dirA device can be given by name, say /dev/hda1 or /dev/cdrom,or by label, using -L label or by uuid, using -U uuid .Other options: [-nfFrsvw] [-o options] [-p passwdfd].For many more details, say man 8 mount .[/i] Anyone know what's up with my stinky cifs situation? Thanks in advance for about anything!
  7. Many happy returns everyone.
  8. Hello all - the powers that be here want to pay some external company billions* to build and host a website for us. Advised against it but ultimately no worries for me, stops it being my problem! My manager though (poor guy) has been tasked with contacting all sorts of web design companies and people, and has been asked for "a brief for the website" a couple of times. We both looked at each other and none of us know what that is or how to write one! Do any of you good folks know what one is? Is it a "sensible" document with statements like "optimised for mobile devices and desktops" and "HTML5, no flash or java" or is it a "not-sensible" document full of "customer focused" and "empowering audiences"? Guh? Thanks for any replies.
  9. We (finally) got it! Well I didn't someone cleverer than me did... Anyway, the answer is that backuppc isn't fully up to date in the repositories yet, and this update fixes the issue we had with Samba 4.x (back up your config files first etc.) https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/commit/d7a8403b537ed0068e862abc20065e98209527b7
  10. EVEN LATER on this but found that if restarting and redeploying produces slightly different errors, persistence with the "Reinstall Agent" button does install it after a few goes.
  11. Thanks everyone for replying! Several things to try there and I'll get into those at the weekend. Ur all great, cheers.
  12. Hi all, not even work-related but this seemed like the place to ask. Bear with me... My grandma's been in a home and has dementia. I'm sure most of us have faced this or similar at some point, and I'm struggling a little with a project I'd planned for her. She doesn't really eat much, sleeps a lot, can't leave the bed and doesn't really enjoy ANYTHING except flowers and strawberries (so I bring those often and the room now looks like an orchid greenhouse!) However, she does occasionally complain of being bored, which is heartbreaking. I get there as often as possible for a bit (as do others from the family) but it's a drive away. I try for a few hours twice a week but more than usual it's only one visit a week with work being how it is. :/ She's always loved animals and kept fish, though an aquarium's impractical in the place she has. I had the great idea of setting up a Raspberry Pi to turn on during the day (staff have kindly agreed to turn it on and off if I write a short manual) which would stream one of a few live streams of aquariums etc from around the world to a massive telly we've got for her. That would at least be *something* and my dad, the staff and I agreed that'd be a cracking idea. I'd settled on using VLC somehow, but all the streams I'm finding are YouTube streams, which it doesn't seem to want to do (at least it didn't in Ubuntu on this PC.) Questions are, is the above the easiest way to do what I want even? Is there a better way of going about what I want? Thanks from me and from the extended family for any help/suggestions at all!
  13. Defo! And yes working for us too. *Grumbles about all that time I spent reinstalling Flash and Chrome and MS Paint and about everything else that it wasn't.*
  14. Only movement I've had is chasing red herrings for Google like reinstalling flash and moving my finger to the F5 key a bit more often! In short, nothing yet. Found an odd suggestion that if you've a LOT of videos in your 'Watch Later' playlist then clearing the whole thing sorts it but didn't work for me.
  15. Yes, Smoothwall for us. Happens though with the proxy on or off.
  16. Do you find that you can view the video though if you refresh the page? Google support suggested updating Chrome, but I've done this and had no change. Weirdly enough, my test staff accounts work fine today, as do the student accounts, but with me as admin no joy; only get sound and no video until I refresh the page, then after no suggested videos nor comments nor ability to approve.
  17. Yeah they're properly keen on trotting that out. Okay, I'll prod some more anyway if only to add a bit more voice to it. Will also update here. Anyone else?
  18. Have you still got this going on? We have it seems, might prod Google some more.
  19. Thanks all, and phew, glad it's not just me!
  20. Needs refreshing for a video to work, no comments nor suggested videos show. Had the mail through saying Google will be tinkering with a bunch of garbage in GAFE to upset us all, but that's not due until 1st August. Anyone else? Just me even? Ta. :/
  21. Can't wait until wax cylinders make a comeback!
  22. Worth talking to OfficeXpress, I've used them for years and they've been great. Make sure you order up a box 'in hand' just in case; comes flat-packed and looks like you've ordered a mural or something!
  23. Hmmm, well it started but I was premature in my excitement, it still just won't have it. I think I'll investigate a different way of backing up the Windows servers. Thanks again all.
  24. I'm incredibly surprised Plusnet survived that business with ACS Law and everyone didn't vote with their feet after that.
  25. GAAAHHH I went and bloomin' did that AGES back but I bloomin' didn't know you put "-mSMB#" in I put "-m SMB#" in. BLALArgrhhlargbhlgarbl! I mean thanks.
×
×
  • Create New...