-
Posts
142 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dagza
-
Thanks for the response. I may chase up Gumbledook for more info if he does not post a response :-) Another problem has arisen. I wonder if anyone out there has had the same issue and knows of a solution: When a teacher creates a website for a class the students don't appear to have access to it. The box is ticked which asks about adding existing students as members (I forget the exact wording) but when a student clicks on the site in their list of classes they just get prompted over and over for a username and password. Strangely when they go into site settings they can see the site in a list. They can then click on it and access and modify the site. Anyone any thoughts on any of this? Darren
-
Hello. I have a couple of quick questions that I am looking for help with: I have seen sharepoint take the users windows logon details as authentication rather than prompting for a password. Anyone able to offer advice on setting this up? Also, does anyone know how I can get hold of a webpart which interacts with serco's cmis? TIA Darren
-
Crikey that was a quick response! Excellent news. Thanks a lot. Darren
-
My intel imac says I have a maxtor 6l250m0 drive. I really need more storage space! Can I just bung any sata drive in? I'm looking at 500 and 750 gig drives. Ta
-
Did you ever fix this? I was getting similar - it is because WAMP is running PHP 5 and the smooth gallery script contains instead of <?php so you need to do a find and replace on the PHP files. Of course this has just thrown up further errors for me! Anyone got a better solution?
-
Hello There are a number of sites on our sharepoint installation but site admins can't get into them unless they are specifically listed as member of the site. Is there a way to give admins blanket access to all sites that are created in sharepoint? Darren
-
That looks very promising. Thanks for that. I will feed back when I get a chance to install it. Darren
-
I have just been experimenting with Windows Media Services and can only get it to stream WMV and MP3 files - everything else is ignored. Is it possible to get it to recognise other formats? If not what is the best way to convert DVDs, quicktime, mpeg, avi and so on into WMV? Thanks Darren
-
What web software are people using to run school alumni sites? I've found some promising ones on the web but you can't beat recomendations. Darren
-
Thanks for the reply. The things you mentioned were checked apart from the switch but I used the ethernet cable out of a workstation where class server was working so that side is OK. For some strange reason my laptop went through yesterday at work and started to synchronise! It then worked at home. I am waiting for a colleague to get back to me to let me know if his has magically fixed itself or if he is still experiencing problems. Darren
-
Anybody out there had problems installing the MS teacher client software? On one laptop I can get the URL accepted but it will not synchronise. It takes a while and then seems to time out. The workstation sitting next to it also takes a while on the same user account but always manages! Same happens to the laptop over the internet. On another laptop it will not accept the URL even though I know it is correct. Some other laptops work, as do all of the workstations on site. Thoughts?
-
Excellent. That's what I was after :-) Cheers
-
I've found the RSS feeds but was wondering if there is demand to have a feed for each forum.
-
Class Server Authentication and Class Sites
dagza replied to dagza's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Thanks - It wasn't permenant! It is a new install and I just toggled it whilst I was trying to narrow down the issue. -
Anyone come across these before? ... Students are automatically logged on to class server using the same details they used when they logged on to the windows machine. This isn't working for a few and it would appear it is because other people in the school have the same first name and surname. The user accounts are (obviously) different. Is this possible or am I going mad? Also class sites don't work - I can create and access them and the students see them in their class list but they get a login dialogue box popping up when they click on them. I have even tried making a student an admin in class server but that appeared to make no difference. Thoughts anyone? :?
-
I looked at it and played around with it but didn't install it. It was great but there is a bit of hacking around needed meaning you can't really update your moodle without overwriting the hacked files. After an upgrade you would have to hack about with it again to get it to work (assuming it would work with the next version of moodle). Don't want to put you off! It did look good.
-
When you backup a course you get a load of options and you can choose what you don't want backing up with the course.
-
No hassling needed. It makes sense to have everything in one place. It would be a great addition to the site and also help a lot of moodle users 8) If anything happens give me a nudge and I will sort out anything that is needed. Darren
-
Thanks again for the emails :-) Rather than starting a new thread I wonder if anyone can help with another noob question: Students can access their assignments and the like fine but cannot access the class web sites (if that is the correct term). When they click on the site they get a login dialogue box pop up (but they are already logged in) and no matter what they type it doesn't let them in. In the site settings they were classed as students so I added reader permissions but that didn't fix it like I hoped. Thoughts?
-
Also experimented with the 3rd part podcast module for moodle - excellent stuff if you have something you wish to integrate with your teaching. Going slightly off topic I use podpress with wordpress for (video) podcasting and this is also superb. May be worth a look if you want to give a small nice podcsating group (kids or teachers) admin rights to the site.
-
Thanks a lot for that, I will look into it.
-
Thanks for the feedback, Tony. Still trying to digest it - perhaps it will come together when the kids have gone home :-) A sandpit area uld be great if it happens. You can already download SLK from http://www.learninggateway.net/default.aspx but it needs one of the sharepoint 2007 betas to run as far as i can make out. Tried to get that from the MS website but it didn't like my debit card for some reason :-/
-
I'm not usually one for self promotion :oops: but I am having a little countdown of my fave free apps on my blog. The educational software part of the wiki is looking a little thin so it may be worth while keeping an eye on it . I have a larger list here if you want further inspiration although the list is a touch out of date. I'm just typing up number 8 so still open to suggestions! http://e-subjects.co.uk/wordpress/ Darren
-
The class server newsgroup seems dead so I figured this would be the best place to start :-) Just got on to the thing tonight and I can work out how to set up an assignment and assign it to a class but can't work out how to add a document to it from the curriculum library Also in the curriculum library - how do I create different types of resources (like multi choice quizzes) as all i can seem to create is blank word documents. Early days so thanks in advance for your patience 8) Darren
-
I noticed parallels havbe an upgrade for vista so was thinking the same Gave up with cross over. Hardly anything worked. Pretty pointless IME and the novelty factor of MS dialogue boxes on a mac very quickly wore off :?
