Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. Login to the HP site and download the HP ProLiant Service Pack, this will include all the latest drivers in one ISO, just done it and works! (Note, server has to be in warranty for you to obtain the SP)
  2. http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdSelector/?javax.portlet.tpst=867000c4cf25636cc859bfdeb053ce01&javax.portlet.prp_867000c4cf25636cc859bfdeb053ce01=wsrp-navigationalState%3D_oid%25253D4091412%25257CimplicitModel%25253Dtrue%25257C_op%25253Dnavigate&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken
  3. Hello, I am selling the following as a BUNDLE: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P AMD AM3+ Motherboard (comes with I/O Plate) AMD FX 8350 Black Edition @ 4Ghz Processor 8Gb of Memory (DDRIII) Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO I am selling due to an upgrade. £200 + £10 P&P
  4. MS UAG 2010
  5. Windows 10 will have 7 editions: Home, Mobile, Pro, Enterprise, Education, Mobile Enterprise, and IoT Core | VentureBeat | Business | by Emil Protalinski
  6. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62e66b66-fe83-48fb-afec-111206a08154/dpm-2012-r2-synchronizations-fail-after-1hour-20-min-error-code-60?forum=dpmfilebackup
  7. I thought you said the agent you did came back as an OK status? How did you get on anyway?
  8. Great, looks good!
  9. Updating the agents is straight forward process in DPM, if the agents are refusing to update go to the server which has the agent and manually install it, Agents on the DPM server are normally in: \\YOUR DPM SERVER\C$\Microsoft System Center 2012\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\agents\RA You will then need to tell the agent which DPM Server is needs to point too using the following command, again on the server you are protecting with the agent: CMD /C CD\program files\microsoft data protection manager\dpm\bin\ setdpmserver -dpmservername Once the agent has been manually installed and the command pumped in on the protected server go back to your DPM server and right click the agent you've just updated and click refresh and it should be fine.
  10. 4.2.1235.0 is Update Rollup 2, so you'll need to push the new Agents out now, you can do this from the DPM console.
  11. A Agreed!
  12. Okay....let me rephrase that....bugs\patches\updates etc etc etc to be fixed! far too many people jumping on the Windows 10 ship already.
  13. I agree wait for the first service packs, niggles to be sorted which will be discovered but waiting 1 to 2 years isn't excessive. Have people ran a Windows 10 pilot at the schools for staff and students, how much testing has been done? Driver support for Windows 10 looks quite hit and miss atm
  14. I'm really surprised at how quick people are looking to start building a Windows 10 Image, surely you should wait for any patches, test, trial it etc etc We won't be moving to Windows 10 for at least a year or 2!
  15. A quick Q&A on SCVMM and domain controllers - The Official System Center Virtual Machine Manager Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs It is NOT RECOMMENDED to install VMM on a domain controller. Computers functioning as domain controllers should be reserved for domain administrative functions.
  16. We've got quite a few SCVMM 2012 R2 VM's running with no issues.
  17. Check this out: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/UniFi-Which-SFPs-are-compatible-with-the-UniFi-Switch/ta-p/1270362 I'm curious also, why are you moving away from HP ProCurve switching? Thanks.
  18. Any switch replacement they send out are refurb you know that rite? there not brand spanking new, they may look it but they are not new.
  19. Can you take a picture of the backplane?
  20. Have you gone back to the supplier and asked them or whoever quoted you? I would be very surprised if HP shipped the wrong controller out, i've never had that with the thousands of HP servers I've built and managed over the years Also have you plugged the power into the backplane? Looking at the HP site it does say the controller should be: Storage controller Smart Array P440ar/2GB FBWC
  21. MCS - Data Cabling and Audiovisual Systems
  22. Why dont you just go to the HP site and grab the latest drivers instead of grabbing possible old drivers from a PC, HP Link: Drivers & Software for HP Z200 Workstation - HP Support Center.
  23. If I was approaching this sort of project I would look at two solutions here in taking the school forward: 1. If you've have a good budget I would go down the Hyper-V Cluster route with a few servers and a SAN (just an example, couple of DL360 or DL380 G9 Servers\P2000 or equivalent with SAS storage). 2. If money is tight I would get a single host (example, DL380 G9 with 12 LFF disks) with lots of memory, couple of xeon processors and lots of local storage, in are academies we deploy a single Hyper-V Host with about 20Tb+, 64Gb of Memory+, 2x Xeon processors and this is capable of hosting all servers for that local academy - this solution normally comes in about 4-5k for us. In the past where we have taken schools over we sometimes P2V there legacy servers onto this host and retire the server at a later date or build some new VM's up and migrate any services or data over, I wouldnt fancy the HP MicroServer solution myself.
×
×
  • Create New...