Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. Internal candidates, maybe. - if that is the case then i would be :mad:
  2. That will be an utter waste of time! I bet!
  3. Anyone know why they go through so many NM's? The last school I was at...........after me they went through 3 other NM's!!! crazy
  4. That is a shame, does look like a nice school, maybe the pay puts people off.
  5. ICT Network Manager - display advert Intranet Homepage Looks ok, pay isnt very good though. Salary: £20,262 - £23,053 p.a Enjoy
  6. [email protected] - thats the email I sent my forms and questions too.
  7. I emailed the person and asked her. I am a bit disappointment that I didnt even get an interview as I know I could do the job but hey not down to me
  8. I just heard back from the school - i wasn't successful getting an interview Better luck next time
  9. As everyone should be aware of the official MP's Expenses have all been published............Alistair darling claimed £3 for a bus ticket!!! £3!!! heard it on LBC this morning
  10. Its not recommend you rename a DC, if you wanted to rename DC3, best thing I would do is MAKE SURE you haven't got any FSMO roles on DC3, if not then demote the server back to a member server, rename it. If you had to reboot DC3 then the other servers wouldn't take over the print services. Most cases restarting the Print Spooler fixes any problems. Ian.
  11. I always tend to run my Print Services on the File Server, I also always have at least 1 DC running just domain services just incase.
  12. Yeah the server may take 32Gb of RAM Physical but surely he must of known about the 32-bit Limitations
  13. Such a shame! but when looking at the website and pictures - already looks like a new school ?
  14. Shouldn't he of researched before buying...........
  15. No, in most cases they will be TUPED but why would anyone wanna be TUPED to RM etc I dont like all this Managed Service rubbish At the end of the day if the word CHEAP comes to mind with schools they will kick there in-house IT out which is such a shame.
  16. No idea chap which school, sorry Interesting...............
  17. buy a 2Tb+ external drive and backup onto that - I brought one for about £150 a few months back
  18. I'm slowly losing the praise for Symantec Backup Exec and since Symantec changed the name of Symantec Anti-Virus Corporate Edtion to the new version Endpoint Protection - I've moved completely away from it! terrible bit of software now for business!
  19. Jobs @ PurelyIT: ICT TECHNICIAN (High Wycombe £22, 000 - £25, 000) (High Wycombe £22, 000 - £25, 000) 25k for a ICT Technie is very good!!
  20. Where abouts are your Mailbox and Log files located?
  21. Looks like a very good role in a new school!...pay isnt great but looks good Assistant Network Manager in ICT - display advert Vacancies - Archbishop Sentamu Academy Enjoy, Ian
  22. Wow, another one.......... ICT Network Manager, Cosham Court Lane Junior School Awww a Junior School one for who ever wants a change in Cosham!
  23. I worked in London at a school........nightmare travelling too it was! but I must admit I do miss the school alreay lol
  24. Chaps, Found this one, if anyone is interested, looks like a good role. again too far for me! have fun!! jobsgopublic - Public Jobs and Careers | Network Manager QEGS Homepage Enjoy, Ian.
  25. I didnt know it was going through BSF - In that case, im glad I didnt think about it
×
×
  • Create New...